The mkiv Supra Owners Club

things on my mind atm

Guest goBananas

Guest goBananas

Hello, im new to this site

Things on my mind wondering if they can be done

-Can a conversion be done to make your car a convertible???

-Seems when i try to kick down the throtle...it doesnt kick down properly (feels like a delay sometimes) what would be the fault?

Bit really confuses me ive seen some people's supra on the internet with two throtle cables going to the engine!

I only have one do i need two???

-Can a conversion be done to make your car a convertible???

, No, not unless you want your car to fold in half...

-Seems when i try to kick down the throtle...it doesnt kick down properly (feels like a delay sometimes) what would be the fault?

There is a short delay, however nothing too long, it also depends on what rev's you are running at the time...

Guest goBananas

cheers for all the comments LoL

sounds like making my car a convertible bad idea then... just my brother drives a bmw z3 and sister drives a truiph spitfire both convertible and i felt a little left out

Drive it like you have 4 points left...Why?

Its a performance car why drive like a granny in something that cruises in the 100. I dont pay £2200 insurance to drive slow LoL

You sound a little chavvy - without being too harsh or anything.

This is actually a car enthusiasts club whereby people a) take care of their cars and b) don't drive at stupid speeds and "Go Banannas".

You seem to want to cut your car in half and nail the hell out of it around town.

Guest Nicholas

This is actually a car enthusiasts club whereby people don't drive at stupid speeds and "Go Banannas".

Have you told JamieP this greg? :D

This is actually a car enthusiasts club whereby people a) take care of their cars and b) don't drive at stupid speeds and "Go Banannas".

You seem to want to cut your car in half and nail the hell out of it around town.

Hmmmm, little worrying isn't it...

How many RWD high power cars have you actually driven before gobananas?

bit harsh;) i think- we all boast about driving fast ish- don't we

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=77959:D

Have you told JamieP this greg? :D

JamieP is different as we all know Nick. He's a kind of hybrid lunatic/experienced driver with a 'little' common sense. :) Not some nut case with a RWD car who doesn't sound all there when he wrote the first post.:rolleyes:

In answer to your question though, No, you tell him !!!!:p

(He's bigger than me)

Guest goBananas

okay maybe i sound'd a little chavy, but im not.

1stly i care alot about my car, ive spent enough money on keeping it clean/running good. Im probably one of the youngest supra drivers on this site....just loving the power of this car and had it 5 months so im just testing it out

So people have 500+ bhp and dont speed keep it below 100mph?? mmm well

1stly i care alot about my car, ive spent enough money on keeping it clean/running good. Im probably one of the youngest supra drivers on this site....just loving the power of this car and had it 5 months so im just testing it out

Sorry dude,

I don't think anybody on here will pushing the speed limits now and then (I for one won't, hence the reason for the 4 points left bit *grin*)

So come on then, put up some picks of the car then, lets see...:)

Ok then, and yes I had gathered you were one of the younger people on here - 17?

The whole point is most people, and I say MOST, not all, use track days to put down the power and unleash the beast. There's plenty of them - look at the forthcoming RAF Marham Day and Donington ones planned. ;)

It's not a case of driving below 100mph mate, but more a case of putting the power on hold and only using it when necessary which is pretty much never on UK Roads.

Is this the first RWD car you've owned? It is for me despite driving BMWs a lot etc as rental/parents cars. I span mine out within a month and I'm just hoping you don't do the same that's all.

FYI I was doing about 30-35mph when it span out too - not very fast.:Pling:

(No you're a shit driver comments lads!!!)

Guest goBananas

im 22...yes 'i like a little bit of speed' althou im not driving around town at silly speeds and racing people. I know how to drive a car sensibly 2nd supra ive driven....when i was 17 i had a mk2 golf 1.8gti,19 toyota supra3ltr mk3 turbo, and now mk3 3ltr tt.....