The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Single turbo spool time

JamieP

I get a lot of pm's asking about the GT4088 spool time so i had a little play on the motorway today.

Please try the same and post up your results, would make a nice thread for reference to other singles.:)

JamieP GT4088 (non water cooled)

All in 6th gear.

Starts making positive boost from 2000rpm

Makes 0.5bar at 2900rpm

Full boost of 1.5bar at 3250rpm

Jonty is using the GT4088R, his spools a bit better than mine, now i have read that the greddy inlet im running can effect spool, if its that that makes the difference or if its the dual ball bearing water cooled R version that is doing it i dont know.

Jonty GT4088R

In 6th gear

Full boost of 1.6bar at 3100rpm

I hope this thread will help.

regards Jamie:)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Terry S

either your turbo's arent genuine garrett wheels or have a funny trim, or there is something wrong with you Rev counter, as that in no way reflects the results I saw with a GT40R88R on a VVTi car

either your turbo's arent genuine garrett wheels or have a funny trim, or there is something wrong with you Rev counter, as that in no way reflects the results I saw with a GT40R88R on a VVTi car

Pop round Terry, ill take you for a spin:) My turbo came from michel lane and jontys came from ebay.com, both have non divided housings.

rather see some datalogs mate, but i may take you up on the offer. BTW I assume it was on a flat road, and not on an inclne?

Pretty flat id say, I got better results doing it from almost tickover as opposed to starting at 2.5k... if i started at 2.5 it was full boost about 3.5k.

Guest Terry S

that really is very odd, with the VVTi cam intake timing, my 4088R just out spooled a T67DBB on a non VVTi car

Any incline will make the car boost sooner

Just had a look through my charts and this is the only chart i have showing boost, its an old one from when i was running it in, 0.85bar (wastegate) done in 5th gear, obviously would be better if done in 6th;)

What revs does a T67 hit full boost in top by?

Guest Terry S

my point is the GT35R would make full boost around the 3k mark in 6th, and you can see how much more aggressive the curve is.

Your 2 degree retard would not make the curve that much more aggressive. My car was retard 2 degrees for road use too for safety.

Guest Terry S

I should also point out that a GT35R would make boost even faster if it were dyno'd in 5th instead of 4th.

I am a bit lost by the 2 degree bit, so the first graph wasn't pulling 2 degrees?

Can you not see how much faster spooling the GT35R/GT60 seems to be by the graphs.

Guest Terry S

LOL we will go around in circles here. Please post up some road logs when you get a chance.

Just so you can see how Ian C's T67 P trim was before he went to the faster spooling T67DBB