The mkiv Supra Owners Club

F1 8th july

jock

Not this year, we've been loads of times and it's getting a little boring.

They don't make any effort at all to entertain the fans, I want to see fast cars of any type on the track when the F1 cars aren't running, not boring acrobatic helicopters, a boring parachute display team and the red arrows are boring too when you've seen them a few times.

A few years ago they had a Renault Espace with a F1 engine which screamed around the track, also the Batmobile - they were great!

A Tornado bomber used to fly over very low too , right over our campsite - not anymore.

It's great if you haven't been before though, I hope I haven't put you off. :)

Not this year, we've been loads of times and it's getting a liitle boring.

They don't make any effort at all to entertain the fans, I want to see fast cars of any type on the track when the F1 cars aren't running, not boring acrobatic helicopters, a boring parachute display team and the red arrows are boring too when you've seen them a few times.

A few years ago they had a Renault Espace with a F1 engine which screamed around the track, also the Batmobile - they were great!

A Tornado bomber used to fly over very low too , right over our campsite - not anymore.

It's great if you haven't been before though, I hope I haven't put you off. :)

Think yourself lucky..

The one and only chance I got to go to Silverstone, was the fateful year where the parking was scandalous. I was stuck in traffic for 5 hours getting there, missed all the pre-race entertainment (not that there was much as it was foggy) The car parks were a quagmire, so after the race finished we just left so that we didn't get trapped, We had centre transfer tickets, but missed the start as we were actually under the track as it started :(

It was a fantastic race, but it wasn't worth the tme spent at a standstill on the way from the M1 :(

Mike

Went one year with a bunch of mates and really enjoyed it.

Had enclosure tickets to the grandstand which helped keep us from the riff raff :cool:

High-light was standing by a massive TV wall watching a pre-race practice. I noticed SilverStone TV was showing us on the big screen all around the track and within seconds all my mates had piled onto me in a comedy orgy to the amusement of everybody around and watching the screen :blink:

I will be there early Friday morning, with the wife get the tent and fridge set up, then wait for the rest of the friends to turn up and have a few beers. Not sure but I think there are a couple of F1 cars there and a few famous people, but to us its all about the beer, and seeing a few friends you haven't seen in a while:d