The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Heater/Climate controls: same on pre and post facelift?

SoundWave

Hi All,

I managed to break my heater controls at the weekend while fitting a new headunit... Everything looks fine but they don't light up anymore and the fan doesnt work so i'm guessing the pcb inside has been damaged.

My question is are the ones from a facelift the same as ones from a pre-facelift? (I have a facelift one)

I also managed to stop the light on the traction control/snow mode switch from working and the backlight for the clock is now a bit iffy... doh!

On the plus side, the new headunit sounds much better!

Cheers,

Andy

I bought the controls I saw on eBay. Came very well packaged. Looked a bit more yellowy than mine - must have been a smokers car.

Anyway, plugged them in and it did the same - nothing! Thought it must be something else as the chances of having two dead units would be very unlucky. Checked a bunch of fuses and they were all fine. So decided to take the head unit out again so see if I could find the ECU box for the heater. What did I find? One of the plugs had come off the ECU! Doh! Plugged it back in and the controls work fine! In fact they are working better than they ever had as they used to be a bit iffy, so it must have been loose for a while.

So if anyone needs replacement controls I will be selling it on again. I now know it is fully working!