The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Newbie just sold 04wrx sti after a supra n/a

morpheus1870

Hi all, recently sold my wrx http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160089520644ssPageName=Action:MPR

Now looking for a supra n/a manual. N/a? why not a TT i hear you ask, well the mileage i do to work and back makes owning a 3.0tt a little too harsh on the wallet i think. The scooby was very good on fuel considering the power however I have decided an n/a will do me just fine.

I'm not looking for peak performance (otherwise i would buy an evo) but what i am looking for is beautiful looks and reliability....which from what I hear and see the supra dishes out a plenty

Now a couple of questions....what type of mpg can i expect from an n/a manual? I was getting around 250-260 miles for a full tank (£45) from the scooby.

I am looking at buying such a car from a club member, as from my experience owing performance cars I have always found that enthusiast owned cars are of a higher standard. Having bought my previous two cars (evo 7 & wrx) from club members i can confidently say that such meticulously owned cars are the ones to go for.

Anyway, enough jabber....nice to meet everyone and i hope to have a super supra very soon....right off to the classifieds section.

Get yourself a facelift SZ-R NA with the getrag 6-speeder, thats the best NA out there imo, its prime for an Na-T conversion shud you get the modding bug! The major difference mpg wise between the NA and TT is when driven hard i believe, you can literally watch the fuel guage go down a notch on the TT after just one full throttle assault!

Welcome btw!

Thanks all for the warm welcome....anything from 260-300miles is good!!

So the best n/a to get is the 6speed sz-R 96'onwards. Ok thanks all for the advice...gonna keep my eyes and ears open as have the cash waiting for a good clean example.

What type of price am I looking at?

Thanks all for the warm welcome....anything from 260-300miles is good!!

So the best n/a to get is the 6speed sz-R 96'onwards. Ok thanks all for the advice...gonna keep my eyes and ears open as have the cash waiting for a good clean example.

What type of price am I looking at?

It's not quite that simple I don't think. Mine is a 97 and is 5 speed - but then it's only an SZ.

You can have it for 6K though.

Gotta admit I stumbled across my 6 speed facelift SZ-R by accident, I thought the guy selling it had a misprint in his ad :D

They can be found though if you're patient.

Not to sure on the performance/fuel efficiency bits though.

Oh.... and :welcome:

Being a Scooby WRX (though not an STI) owner myself, I fear you will be disappointed with an NA Supra. It'll look the part, but the STI is a far better driving experience.

His wasn't a STI athough (bloody nice though) ;)

Thought you were off to Dubai?

Really? The opening post had this title:

Me off to Dubai? Noooo. Reckon you must be thinking of somebody else.

Check out the ebay advert, it's a STI lookalike and he was selling it cause he was off to Dubai according to the ebay ad :p