The mkiv Supra Owners Club

JAE 27th July 2003, Billing, Northampton

Branners

Billing Aquadrome is home to the annual Japanese Autoextravaganza. This event runs over 2 days with UK Supras and mkivsupra.net attending the second day, Sunday 27th July. All makes of Japanese cars will be there, from Datsun Cherrys to Nissan Skylines to Toyota Supras. We have been allocated 95 spaces but expect more cars than this on the Sunday.

The organisers have been given the whole of Shelduck Meadow for the event, which is basically an open air car show.

A full site map can be seen here Site Map The car show is in Shelduck 2 at the top of the map, camping is in the field to the left of Shelduck 2. There is a one way system operating so please follow the signs when on site. We are at the very top of Shelduck 2 near the river that runs at the back of Billing.

The web site for Billing itself is http://www.aquadrome.co.uk

Prices and Camping (prices are provisional, please check with Aquadrome for details)

Entrance to Billing is £5 per car per day.

A number of people have expressed an interest in camping on the Saturday night. There is ample camping space within Shelduck meadow and it is possible to buy a ticket to cover you for camping on both Friday and Saturday night. The normal entrance to Billing is £5, but if you are camping Friday and/or Saturday then it will cost £12. Once inside the Billing complex the JAE event is free.

Maps and Directions

Maps and Directions to Billing Aquadome (double circles on the map)

From the M1 Jcn 15 follow signs for Northampton on the A508, which turns into the A45 after going over a large flyover. Billing Aquadrome should be clearly signposted and the entrance is located just off the A45. Billing is about 4 miles from the M1.

From the A1 going south take the A605 from Peterborough, which turns into the A45 at Thrapston (A14 jcn), and follow the A45 for 35 miles all the way into Northampton where you follow the signposts as above.

Best route from the A1 heading north, would be turn off for Bedford (A603), turning just south of the Sandy roundabout, and get on the Bedford bypass (A421), heading toward the M1. Next turn off for Kempston and get on the A5314 + then join A428 to Northampton, then you should be ok as Billing is signposted about 2-3 miles before you get to Northampton

mainmap.gif

Convoy Points

Sunday 27th July Meeting Point

As in previous years we will be meeting up prior to the event and driving in as a group. As per last year, we will be meeting at the southbound services at junction 15A of the M1. We will be meeting at the services at 9.30am for a 9.45am departure. The services can be seen circled in the map above. If you are coming up the M1 from the south come off at junction 15a and instead of going into the northbound services follow the road round to the left, go underneath the M1, turn left again and keep going straight into the services. Do not head back onto the M1 southbound. When we leave at 9.45am we will be going on to the M1, going to junction 15 then heading down the A508 and then on to the A45 and on to Billing which is signposted from the M1 anyway.

There are other initial meeting points from the south and the north detailed in posts below.

JB

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Southern Convoy Sunday 27th July 2003

The main convoy will be going from Junction 15a of the M1 at Northampton.

Prior to that a number of smaller convoys will meet up and travel to junction 15a.

The Southern Convoy will be at the following places

7.00am - Petrol Station nr Gatwick, off of M23 J9 (straight across first roundabout, straight across second roundabout)

8.00am - Runnymede hotel car park

8.30am (8.45 depart) - Little Chef J6 M1 which is also near J21a of the M25 map red circle, bottom centre of map. Come off J21a and follow signs for Watford

9.10am (9.15am depart) - Toddington Services J12 M1

9.30am - Junction 15a M1 Services (main convoy start point)

JB

Northern Convoy Sunday 27th July 2003

From McCanny

Meeting at Woodall Services (Southbound) on the M1 (between junctions 30 and 31) at 6:45am to leave at 7:00am, no later.

8:00am - Leicester Forest East - leaving at 8:15am sharp.

9:00 > 9:30 - Arrive at Junction 15a and join everyone else.

Multimap seems to confirm that these times are possible, if anyone knows any different please let me know.

Its a 10 minute drive at the most, so if you leave Billing at 9.20am then you should be there with plenty of time to spare.

Everybody should by now be aware that reckless behaviour inside Billing will not be accepted and will result in immediate removal from the site. Its also worth noting that Northampton police are famous for their zero tolerance of motoring offences. While driving round Northampton stick to speed limits, do not be reckless, and most importantly of all, if you have been drinking the night before then be very sure you are sober when you next drive your car.

It should be a great event so I look forward to seeing you all there.

JB

Guest Terry S
Originally posted by Branners

Southern Convoy Sunday 27th July 2003

8.30am (8.45 depart) - Little Chef J6 M1 which is also near J21a of the M25 map red circle, bottom centre of map. Come off J21a and follow signs for Watford

There you go Roy, a Map & Directions. If you leave the night before you'll be OK.:innocent:

Originally posted by Mark Ayling

7.00am - Petrol Station nr Gatwick, off of M23 J9 (straight across first roundabout, straight across second roundabout)

Added 7.00am meet for those in the M23/Crawley area...

See you there

Where was everybody? There were about a dozen MkIVs and a few odd ones scattered about the site. I didn't realise so many 300ZXs were made! Lots of FTOs, MR2s, Lexus and even about 6 Toyota Seras... but where were the Supras? I know it was Saturday, but it was a disappointment.

Yep Supra showing was not the best, did see the Kindell machine purging away though.

BTW Not sure where all 60+ supras are gonna park, looked to me like room for 25-30 in the area we gathered in today, with surrounding areas full with celica's etc. looks like someone may have muscled in on our 'empty' designated area.

I was very dissapointed too. I was expecteding lots of supras and a big piss up on Saturday night - got nowt!

Also, there was no one there to tell anyone where to go or what to do.

I spoke to a few people = suprarob, MCanny and few others. No one seemed to have shown there spec sheets though so I couldnt tell who was who - ah well.

Think I need to goto a few smaller meets to get to know people before I do that again.

Also, who was the bloke I spoke to Sunday morning about his stereo, I didnt get your name? - Who did you say made the box for your sub???

And who was the chap with the shiny bits and pieces, I liked the look of the Induction pipe but I didnt get a chance to ask him about it.

Think I might sell my supra and get another one imported with all kinds of bells and whistles on it for next year, might get noticed then!!!

Paul.

I got there Saturday afternoon, was quite sunny while I set up camp and cooked some food on the bbq, but then it rained for the rest of the evening and all night. :(

There was a good turnout of Supras on Sunday. Thanks Mark for lending me a bucket and sponge. The purge kit looks the business.

Paul, I think that was me you spoke to about my Sound system. Matt Harwood installed it and built the custom sub box. Work was done at Sextons Park Wood, Maidstone, Kent. 01622 683044

Nice to see the usual suspects again and meet some new faces.

Well folks - what a good turn out!

Shame we had f**k all space to arrange our motors - looked like some poorly arranged car showroom in the end - the Celicas had a nice arrangement though . . . ?

Still - at least we had a real good presence - I heard a few people around the show talking about when the convoy arrived in the morning.

The southern convoy up from Watford was pretty good fun - enjoyed holding a steady 70 with 3 Supras abreast on the M1 (har har Beemer drivers wanting to get by)

Weather turned out great - even got a bit of a tan.

Was good to see so many faces off the BBS.

Can I say a special thanks to Gavin for helping me get some grub and haul the wheelchair thru the mud in the morning!

Thanks also Branners for organising.

Good day out.

R

"And who was the chap with the shiny bits and pieces, I liked the look of the Induction pipe but I didnt get a chance to ask him about it."

Dude if the car was white or silver you want me or paul e, i was the good looking one and paul was the old pervy looking guy covered in wee.

John