The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Sussex Meet - Sat 16th Aug

Guest Martin F

Guest Martin F

I'm posting this on behalf of another user\forum.

If you have any queries about this meet can you please PM gtirpad.

Hi all,

Due to the success of the last Sussex meet, there are plans afoot for another, this time on a Saturday. The date is set so that there are no clashes with major events so hopefully there will be a good turnout.

The venue is the Royal Coach on the A259 between Lancing and Shoreham, on the large roundabout next to the Texaco Garage. I reckon if we aim for about 2pm start, that gives everyone enough time to wake up/recover from hangovers etc..

The landlord of the pub has said a BBQ will be laid on if there are enough people and also if we are likely to get in excess of 80 vehicles, the car park will be open exclusively to Jap motors.

There is ample parking off road outside the pub if we exceed this number. Bearing in mind in excess of 50 cars turned out for a Thursday night, I am hoping there will be well over 80 cars.

We would like to get an idea of numbers, so if you could register your interest with a brief reply, it would be appreciated.

I think everyone had a good time last month, its just a meet to kick back, enjoy some food and hopefully some nice Sussex rays.

Cheers,

Pad

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be interested in going to this if I knew enough Supra people were going. Anyone else from Portsmouth/Southampton area fancy going in convoy? :)

Also, anyone going to this meet fancy going to our meet and barbecue the next day? Details here.

Originally posted by Jive

Better make sure everyone has PM'd gtirpad :)

If your up for convoying down there millhouse, do you want to meet at Sainsburys car park - Junc 7 M27 and go from there?

Although it means me driving the wrong way for a few miles, I'll probably meet you there as well. A convoy of three will look beter than two! :cool:

Good point about PM'ing him. :thumbs:

Well hopefully Adam (red Aerotop from Sunday) might read this and think about joining us. I managed to put 8 faces to names on this board today but there were two I couldn't.

Plus I noticed p00t was online today so he might have seen this and I'm talking to JohnK on MSN at the moment so will mention it to him.

Would be better to have a few of us than just 3 :D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Martin F

More details from gtirpad...............

Hi all,

The aforementioned meet on Saturday 16th of August is to go ahead as planned for 2pm at the Royal Coach in between Shoreham and Lancing.

It is situated on the A259 coast road on the large roundabout with the Texaco garage. If coming from the A27, take the Shorham exit off the dual carriage way (the one on top of the river Adur) and follow the road into town. Straight over the first mini-roundabout, and right at the second one. This will take you over the Norfolk Bridge and after about 400m you will come to the roundabout upon which the pub is located.

Access to the pub is gained from the left, and A WORD OF WARNING - there is a dip on the entrance, so please approach at an angle if you have a low car to avoid scraping.

NOTE!! - To ensure that we have catered for the numbers for the BBQ, please can you post your interest in the next week, either PM on here or by e-mail to me, including anyone else who may be coming with you. So far I have...

Mark Ayling

Gavin L

Richard A

Dude

Mawby

Jive

Millhouse

I am well pleased with the response from the Supras, I suspect that more people will be coming, but I do need to know!!

Anyway, hope to see you there....

Cheers,

Pad

Guys, just spoke to Dude, didnt know about this, I will be there, although not sure what state I will be in, as Im out clubbing the night before, Im in Basingstoke, so I guess its better to meet you guys at J1 on the M27, sorry wasnt really reading where everyone was meeting properly, so let me know. And confirm time.

Cant believe your actually arranging something when I have a break in my shift, cool.........and no remarks about my tatty nose, its being sorted....!!!!

Dont listen to me, as I said I hadnt read it properly and was trying to remember off the top of my head, I re-read the post to see where we're meeting and one time.

take my mobile incase, pass me a number for you guys so any problems on the day - 07899910619.

Originally posted by dude

Paul

you may be driving something else there:p :p

John:flame Dev

First sign of a Cavalier / Mondeo or such and it will become your wastegate m8

:p

Mind you - damn site safer than driving with you!

wooooo00000000oooooot!