The mkiv Supra Owners Club

supercharge an N/A?

Guest eastbayg

I don't think anyone on the forum has supercharged an NA, the majority of the club members are from the UK and so own Japanese import NA Supras (the NA was not sold domestically). I believe there are a few members on supraforums that have done the install.

There are kits available in the US for the IS300 2JZGTE VVTi, the problem with the J-spec NA Supras in the UK, is that they were fitted with the non-VVTi 2JZGTE, which does not have an electronic ignition. As you can see at the following link, the Supercharger is positioned where the distributor is on the non-VVTi, so you would need to convert to an electronic ignition. Also all the kits are designed to fit the LHD IS300, so there may well be other issues getting it to fit a RHD Supra.

http://www.lextasy.com/LMS_IS300_supercharger.htm

well i have planned it out (i think) :D basically im going to put the charger where the alternator is, move the alternator over to where the aircon pump is and scrap the aircon pump. (as we dont need ac over here!) this should be quite easy to do then its the pipework for the ic etc etc...

i have most bits here so just waiting for a few more bits then i shall make a start on it. should only take a few days to do.....;)

well i have planned it out (i think) :D basically im going to put the charger where the alternator is, move the alternator over to where the aircon pump is and scrap the aircon pump. (as we dont need ac over here!) this should be quite easy to do then its the pipework for the ic etc etc...

i have most bits here so just waiting for a few more bits then i shall make a start on it. should only take a few days to do.....;)

Keep us updated :)