The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New Owner PLEASE HELP!

ultra_supra

hi all.

well i exchanged my astra mk4 today for a 94 L reg supra non-turbo automatic,silver - really wanted a manual but hey!

anyway the speedo is in Kilometres can anyone tell me the difference ...i mean whats 30mph in KM's etc?

also i would like to get the clocks changed to MPH basically change the dash to UK spec...is this hard to do?

any help appreciated - also theres no sterio - do most people have double din?? thanks

Guest NINJYA
hi all.

well i exchanged my astra mk4 today for a 94 L reg supra non-turbo automatic,silver - really wanted a manual but hey!

anyway the speedo is in Kilometres can anyone tell me the difference ...i mean whats 30mph in KM's etc?

also i would like to get the clocks changed to MPH basically change the dash to UK spec...is this hard to do?

any help appreciated - also theres no sterio - do most people have double din?? thanks

ive had mine for a while and still have to think - How you finding the supra? Lovely to drive - compared to a astra ill bet. I still have a stereo in mine i like listening to the turbo! You could get a screen they fit in nic. In my old supra - na i had a stereo witha graphic to fill the gap. :cool:

I alwasy work it out from 60mph = 100kph (give or take a couple). To be precise:

30mph = 48kph

50mph = 80kph

70mph = 113kph

90mph = 145kph

and if you have a long enough "test track" 180mph = 290kph (edit - just read it's NA, so more like 150mph/240kph)

Wire in a Thor DSC + TSD (http://www.thor-racing.co.uk/Top_Speed_Delimiter-48.asp). It converts the speedo to read in mph and also removes the speed limiter. I would only ever consider this unit as others do not correct properly which can results in numerous problems with the active spoiler and speed senstive power steering.

You do not need to convert the dials.

Most have the single DIN and buy a cain tray for the other DIN. Or if you like your toys, some go for a DVD/CD/Stero combo that fills both

Guys just to quickly add - the Thor TSD/DSC are now out of stock and will not be in production in the near future :( Sorry for anybody who has enquired about these recently.

Guys just to quickly add - the Thor TSD/DSC are now out of stock and will not be in production in the near future :( Sorry for anybody who has enquired about these recently.

uh oh...thanks for the headsup mate - is there an alternative do you know?

also if one of these was purchased would i only need the clock dial (MHP) such as the one below:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Toyota-Supra-110-MPH-Speedo-Dial-Face-Conversion_W0QQitemZ300092960049QQcategoryZ72216QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The HKS SLD - although its not reccomended for various reasons if you do a quick search it will explain all you need to know.

Maybe some Thor units in production in a couple of months but not before.

uh oh...thanks for the headsup mate - is there an alternative do you know?

also if one of these was purchased would i only need the clock dial (MHP) such as the one below:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Toyota-Supra-110-MPH-Speedo-Dial-Face-Conversion_W0QQitemZ300092960049QQcategoryZ72216QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

No mate, as that only shows upto 110mph. your stock speedo shows 180km/h and when you convert it, its fine to read in mph. if you are fussy you can stick something over the KM part to read MPH, or change the dials to proper 180mph ones :)

If you do start producing them again Maz can you let us know? Cheers mate.

If you do start producing them again Maz can you let us know? Cheers mate.

Will do mate there will be another batch made I think but just not sure on when yet :)