The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Rough value (sorry)

slow_matt

I know this probably comes up all the time, but I'm having my dads supra off him. Just want to make sure that I'm not making a mistake. I'm paying a nice price for the old girl, but people here have probably seen more sold than me so that is my rationale for the post.

It's a '98 vvti royal blue vvti tt with tiptronic. It's got the big brakes, 3 spoke wheel, and a set of kahn RSC 2 piece split rims and leather. It's on 106k miles so big distance, but it was imported from new, i'm the fourth custodian and it's full toyota service history.

I was planning to buy a boxster s (having a porsche at 22 is cool in my mind!), but this deal was too good. Does anyone have an idea of what it may sell for clicky for pics

cheers

I've paid owt so far, but I'm now the keeper, think I'll give him £4-5k for the old girl. I know that is cheap to be fair. He's just really good to me :) He's happy some punk hasn't got it!

Worth a lot more than that *grin* (over 10k easily I would say), however family deals are a different story, I sold my dad my 5 series for £1, he kept badgering me to drop it off after I said he could have it to the point I lost my rag with him and said 'Why don't you just buy the damn thing, and then you can make demands on when you want it'... So I got £1 in the post the next day and a request for the car... fair deal :p

I've paid owt so far, but I'm now the keeper, think I'll give him £4-5k for the old girl. I know that is cheap to be fair. He's just really good to me :) He's happy some punk hasn't got it!

4-5k is v cheap even with the high milage you mentioned.

It's totally standard apart from the wheels and a blitz fatt.

He's had it from 26k when he paid £18k when it was 2 1/2! I made him buy it, the only car that has NEVER let him down apart from two aerials (just the plastic runners where the teeth had stripped!)

Was too good to pass on then, and it is for me now. One of my fav cars of all time. If only he sells me his current car for the same amount in 5 years :)

4-5k is v cheap even with the high milage you mentioned.

No its not. You guys are way out.

Matt, its not worth any more than £3K, and that colour and those wheels are not sought after at all.

TBH I think you should sell it to me and buy my '93 in black for a mere £6.5K..... much better :D :p

No its not. You guys are way out.

Matt, its not worth any more than £3K, and that colour and those wheels are not sought after at all.

TBH I think you should sell it to me and buy my '93 in black for a mere £6.5K..... much better :D :p

That sounds fair to me, thought I was getting shafted..............

I'm just proper scared of running costs, I've got £0 out-goings, but I only gross £18k a year. I've been told I can kiss good bye to my social life.

My dads worst was less than 5K for a set of tyres so I'm crapping myself a bit. No more AVS sports' for her! Only young once (and hopefully i'll make it past my youth.)

Gonna spend whole day cleaning her. Then she's gonna be off for a proper good mopping and all chips/dents removing, though I don't think there are any dents that I can see. New sticky no. plate as she's had hers for over 4 years now. She deserves to be pampered. Wonderful car!

I'm just proper scared of running costs, I've got £0 out-goings, but I only gross £18k a year. I've been told I can kiss good bye to my social life.

Nah, you'll be ok on that mate! You'll be surprised how much money you can save by being a member on here. People know where the bargains are to be had, and that doesn't mean low quality either.

I'd estimate that to keep your supe in pristine condition, and if you are prepared to do the graft yourself, you'll be looking at £2k a year inc insurance (subject to decent NCB) & maintenance. Petrol is another matter though just don't drive it much)!

Insurance is no longer a problem, I work for a broker, all the managers have taken pitty on me since my return, so they are gonna sort me out. Petrol, well who cares! Just tyres and servicing that I'm worried about, and my list of mods is getting bigger the more I read, whifbitz are gonna be minted from me I think.......

Errrr nope, that was the miles he managed before the inside edges fell apart.

Get the alignment sorted :blink:

There is lots of info about it, but I used the Lance W settings. A search will reveal all. :D

Tyres will then not be so much of a problem!

I've been lurking and searching for a while. The back wheels have so much negative camber it's unreal. His latest car makes 400+ bhp and the rear tyres have lasted 10k miles and there's plenty of life in them. So I guessed that the allignment was all to cock. Was just not counting on them lasting.

Is the neg camber necessary? Is it factory? Or just because it's got silly size rims ((I want some 18's).