The mkiv Supra Owners Club

An emo just tried to hug my car

Getrag

See definition below.

Driving through town, stop at a set of lights when my car was nearly molested. On of these "emo's" broke free from its pack and sauntered up to the car. Wearing suitably unmatching gear consisting of red and white stripes with "cool" beany hat he asked....can I give your car a hug? :D

He was met with a swift and definitive "NO," before buggering off with his tail between his legs back to his teen crowd. Lol, emo's, what they all about eh.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emo_%28slang%29

http://bieniosek.com/gallery/albums/album36/emo.sized.gif

I'd love to know where that 'emo' uniform came from. Back in the day it was jeans, tee shirt and trainers.

There was no 'emo' hairstyle back then either. It came a long time later and was called the Romulan because of it's resemblance to the hirsute Star Trek aliens. Even then though that was like ten or so years ago.

Why has this emo thing taken so long to be taken up by the mainstream?

i'm with red on this... emo's FUCK OFF

Hang about. Hang about. Don't get me wrong. I'm all for 'the kids' listening to something other than brainless dance music. Hopefully, they'll seek out some less mainstream bands within that genre.

The 'mainstream' and the way it co-opts the alternative into the mainstream is the thing I don't like about it. Suddenly you go from bands that can make the hairs on your neck stand on end to really boring, pop-oriented rock bands. When the big companies get involved then it becomes about more than just the music. You wind up with alt-clothing companies doing 'emo' clothing and what was once different is now just a pack of sheep all trying to look more emo than the next muppet.

Give me a band that turns up at a tiny venue or someones cellar and plays meaningful music in the clothes they've been touring in for ten weeks and I'll be happy.

The rest of it, the clothes, the look, the hugely sponsored tours can just go die.

Talking of emo, wasn't it a tragedy what happened to Rod Hull?

It was.. happened down our way. Bet it was the Emo hair that got in his eyes so he couldn't see, causing him to stumble & lose his footing. http://hair.lovetoknow.com/images/5/5b/Short_emo_hair.jpg