The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Valve Stem Seals - Recommend A Garage ?

skaeley

Guys,

Need your help......I know TLicense has a great article on how to change these yourself, but I was wondering if any one out there has managed to get them done at a Garage for a reasonable price ?

At the moment the one quote I have had, from a reputable garage in Kent, is about £1000 :( ....I was hoping for something at around the £400-£500 mark.

Guys,

Need your help......I know TLicense has a great article on how to change these yourself, but I was wondering if any one out there has managed to get them done at a Garage for a reasonable price ?

At the moment the one quote I have had, from a reputable garage in Kent, is about £1000 :( ....I was hoping for something at around the £400-£500 mark.

I just picked mine up today and had these replaced along with the tappets adjusted and re shimmed, very good price, and the winner is TURBOFIT, nice one guys ;)

Always Head Off, the only sure way to make sure everything is OK.:)

True its the only way to make sure. but what if all you have is a bit of smoke at start up? and you know what your doing? is that not overkill? As you know everything SHOULD be ok. And the added cost of a head set will push bill up alot. Just asking not digging mate:)

Always Head Off, the only sure way to make sure everything is OK.:)

Greg,

Maybe you could PM me a price to give me an idea of the cost ?

The problem of course, my car smokes on start-up and also in the traffic, once its warmed up and you 'blip' the accelerator. However on boost and accelerating I get no smoke....

I imagine this may fix only half my problem !

• 1 month later...

I'll be able to give you the TF price when I pick up my car Friday mate! :) It was a good quote though for the head off, new gaskets and the VSOS themselves. Like the above said, provides an opportunity to check everything properly. ;)

I'll be able to give you the TF price when I pick up my car Friday mate! :) It was a good quote though for the head off, new gaskets and the VSOS themselves. Like the above said, provides an opportunity to check everything properly. ;)

Thanks mate, look forward to hearing from you....

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Greg,

How did it all go ?

Do mind telling me the final total.....

Thanks,