The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Engine bay to interior

rovervi

Pete when fitting my amp we found a really good way to route the amp live without having to stretch it across the whole engine bay from the battery to the drivers side.

im gonna try find a pic of an engine bay now and will draw out a little diagram :) the wire then comes straight into the passenger footwell and perfect for you to route it through to the boot under the carpet.

here.

unbolt the part circled and behind there is a sort of grommet where a few wires go into, slightly cut the rubber to make it big enough to thread the live wire through and thread it through, the wire then comes inside the car at the top by the passenger footwell get a good grip and pull it through :)

very simple to once you have a look you will see what i mean. its alot easier than going through the side of the wing and moving arch liner etc.

(ps had the pic of engine bay on my pc, cant remember whos it is but im sure they wont mind me using it;))

bay.JPG

Live for my amp, i would be happy to just get the old stock amp working again but i dont know how to get that going again

Cheers

Pete

I would go down the passenger side you want the cable to be as short as possible from the battery and it will save on any possible interference issues although unlikely.

I would go down the passenger side you want the cable to be as short as possible from the battery and it will save on any possible interference issues although unlikely.

:repost:

Top left corner of the engine bay is a large gromet that feeds down to the drivers footwell, i use a coat hanger though the hole then tape whatever cable i want to pull through to it and pull it through.

a coat hanger ? i just stuck my hand up the back of the dash and pulled it through that gromit is massive ( then again i have little boy hands ) the last time i used a coat hanger was to pas speaker cable through the grommits on the doors and i cut my fingers to bits :(

• 2 weeks later...
here.

unbolt the part circled and behind there is a sort of grommet where a few wires go into, slightly cut the rubber to make it big enough to thread the live wire through and thread it through, the wire then comes inside the car at the top by the passenger footwell get a good grip and pull it through :)

very simple to once you have a look you will see what i mean. its alot easier than going through the side of the wing and moving arch liner etc.

(ps had the pic of engine bay on my pc, cant remember whos it is but im sure they wont mind me using it;))

Did this today, and this one was a piece of cake, Standard sub is now running on a decent Amp and it doesnt sound half bad :)