The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Serious help required please!

p111ddy

First of all I’d like to say im not very technical so layman’s terms and also component names would be grateful!;)

Last night I had to pull out onto a busy road & also had to put my foot down. So I did and once I straightened up and moved approx 10meters from pulling out I hear a loud bang followed by a consistent grating type noise. So I pulled over got the bonnet up had a look and this is what I found!! (Please see pic's in the link attached) All I know is that the rad is now cracked and leaking and the fan is fooked but but I don’t know what the other part is and if it can be driving to a garage or would need towing?

http://s177.photobucket.com/albums/w215/p111ddy/

To avoid this guys you may want to mark a line across the inner & outer two pieces of your crank pulley using white paint. Then check regularly that the line still lines up.

Sorry to see this piddy. I have a auto rad that will get you going again if you want it. It was cracked but is now permenantly repaired.

Lads, thanks for all the replies oh and the hijack;)

As I haven't even owned the supe for 6months the dealer I got it from has given me a 6month warranty but unfortunately I cant get in contact with them till Monday morning. So I have to wait and see where I stand money wise! But if all else fails I'll be in touch about parts!

Thanks again

Michael