The mkiv Supra Owners Club

GT Stripes - Good or Bad idea?

VIL

For quite a while I have wanted to put a set of GT stripes on the Supra but there is always a nagging feeling that it will look ****!

I saw ViperRob's in Reading on Tuesday and its got me thinking again as I think his car look fantastic!

I bought a set of decal stripes last year and have never plucked up the courage to fit them........

Should I give it a try or is it a bad idea? Opinions please.....

Car is silver, GT stripes blue.

LOL Darryl, we did discuss this and I do think it will look **** but I dont think I can help myself!!!

I might do it and post up some picture to canvass opinion!

Could while away a few hours tomorrow if the weather is good!

Alan, your right...the problem is that sometimes I just cant help myself and I will stand back and think it looks OK, when everyone else is laughing their socks off!

I would hate to turn up to the next Reading meet with people pointing and laughing!!!!!

Up them mate, its yours, if you like it thats all that matters. I don't like lots of things I see on other peoples cars but if that is the way they want them its their choice - go for it mate and if you personally like it to hell what others think

Thanks lockys,

PMSL, looked up SimonB's garage photos.....his car looks effin excellent, but there is an old 3 series BMW in the background to one of the photos with GT stripes on it.......looks *******s!!!

Plus I love those Lexus wheels on the Supra, one of the best wheel fitments IMO!

For quite a while I have wanted to put a set of GT stripes on the Supra but there is always a nagging feeling that it will look ****!

I saw ViperRob's in Reading on Tuesday and its got me thinking again as I think his car look fantastic!

I bought a set of decal stripes last year and have never plucked up the courage to fit them........

Should I give it a try or is it a bad idea? Opinions please.....

Car is silver, GT stripes blue.

VIL that is so funny mate.

I have been toying with the idea too for ages but have been reluctant for the potential naffness. I even went so far as to design texture maps and stick them on a 3D model of a Supra. Was looking ok. I'll try and dig it out.

Just go for it mate. The world would be a terrible place if everyone was the same.

As Jamie said previously, if you don't like them then just peel away;)

Thanks lockys,

PMSL, looked up SimonB's garage photos.....his car looks effin excellent, but there is an old 3 series BMW in the background to one of the photos with GT stripes on it.......looks *******s!!!

Plus I love those Lexus wheels on the Supra, one of the best wheel fitments IMO!

LOL! The beemer is the Le Mans beer wagon ;). Think we're going for something different this year like union jack flames on the side or something.

Is this a better selection of cars? ;)

http://www.alexgoss.com/Le%20Mans/Le%20Mans%202005/Life%20On%20The%20Campsite/slides/DSC_4891.jpg

Some more of the Supra with the stripes on:

http://www.alexgoss.com/Le%20Mans/Le%20Mans%202006/Car%20Prep/slides/DSC_7268.jpg

http://www.alexgoss.com/Le%20Mans/Le%20Mans%202006/Driving/slides/DSC_7321.jpg

CJ, you may be right, I have been weighing up the look of stripes for a while.....although I do like the look of them on the Supra....its the sort of car that can carry off the look!

Would be a different story on a Corsa!!!!

When i thought about doing this many moons ago with my *cough*Hyundai*cough* :( ......... I got some bog roll and mocked up the car :D Was easier and quicker than photoshop at the time. :D

:rlol: Just wondering what people thought as you left the house with a bog roll under your arm :D