The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Some B*stard keyed my car!

Sean1933

Came out this morning and went to get in my car that was parked on my driveway, when i notice a 3/4 inch long deep gouge has been taken out of my offside rear quarter panel (down to near bare metal), just next to drivers door handle. Im so so angry, why do people have to do this...jelous little sh*ts.

Im just glad that the car is being resprayed due to having a new kit and colour. I was going to sort the engine out over the next few months and then enjoy the car over the summer (late June+) and leave the respray and kit until the winter...but now im not so sure.

What a sad world we live in.

Fella i feel ur pain! I had mine done a few weeks ago along my o/s door and it carried on to the front wing but thankfully it wasn't all to deep and managed to t-cut most of it out:( But it really does puzzle me why anyone would do that sort of thing? WHY WHY WHY:search:

Fella i feel ur pain! I had mine done a few weeks ago along my o/s door and it carried on to the front wing but thankfully it wasn't all to deep and managed to t-cut most of it out:( But it really does puzzle me why anyone would do that sort of thing? WHY WHY WHY:search:

:question: whats wrong with people like that??? spite/jealousy? Sickening. I'm gutted for you. I had a new car, 6 months after buying it it was double keyed front door to rear light :wtf: Second car had a rear wheel knifed - saw the b@stards walking away but didnt fancy the same treatment the tyre got so let it go :(

Hope you get it sorted without too much pain to your wallet but it does feel as if you've personally been keyed yourself, doesnt it? :blink:

Lx

Ah shit sorry to hear this Sean. :(

Mine was done down the bonnet and rear quarter after 2 weeks of getting it, or less. Cost £680 to put right :(

It's f**king sick. I have a camera up and running on my driveway now. If I ever catch anyone near the car, their life wouldn't be worth living.

Hope you get it sorted buddy. Chin up, and keep and eye out!;)

Greg

Gutted mate, know how you feel :( I haven't posted about this before, but someone has done mine twice in the last 2 months - on my driveway too! Now have 3 deep sctrahces over one of the rear arches. Also had a lump of cencrete smashed over the bootlid and looks likely someone spiked the fuel tank with something that wasn't petrol! (waiting for Phoenix to confirm). Seems this was the reason for all the recent problems with my car.

I now have a pretty good motion detection and camera system set up at home!!

Thanks for all the consolidation lads...and dont worry, if i ever catch them they will get the same treatment my rear quarter did! Im sorry you all have had mistreatment too, especially the level you have had homer!

Im renting a garage around the corner once its off the road at the end of the month and i have a runabout, but it doesnt fix the problem and just makes me scared to leave it anywhere.

I guess its kinda lucky for me that i didnt catch them as i would probably be locked up for Giving the Bastards a Headache!

I'm sorry for you buddy, I had this done a few years ago to my Prelude, a big wavey line from front to back bumper.

It's what worries me about my new Supra ownership, will I really enjoy it when I am anxious about it in a car park or as you say even at home!

How about a group buy on an in car CCTV system??? So that when it happens you just download the footage and get the pictures of the little 'blighters' (wanted to use a much stronger word here but the Mods don't like it).

And then give copies of the pictures to your mates to 'keep an eye out' for them (a euphamism for catching up with them and asking them nicely to pay for the damage..... of course ;)).

Like everyone here, I just can't understand why people would do this. It just makes me so angry. I had some vandalism to my car over the years, someone stole my fuel cap, chipping the paintwork in the process, tried to steal a badge a broke it instead, ripped the rear wiper arm off, stolen number plate, keyed drivers side wing. It is just awful. If you see something lovely, surely the natural reaction is to admire it, not to destroy. I remember being really paranoid for weeks after each attack and walking up to my home in bare feet armed with a boot in each hand just hoping there is no-one damaging my car!

The other side of it is that we have to incur expenses for things like security lighting/cameras, increased insurance and all manner of other costs. After my petrol cap was stolen I bunged in a universal one and headed off to France for my first track day. After just one lap I was called in for spraying petrol everywhere. Luckily I was able to borrow a cap from a Toyota van and all was well but if that van hadn't been there I might not have been able to get back on the track and would have had to sit in the pits all day and loose all of the money that I paid. It just makes me so sad, these people cost you money in repairs, other costs and really get you down and angry too and they have forgotten about the crime five minutes after it has been perpetrated. Grrr!

Sorry for the rant but vandalism is a pet hate.

Good luck to everyone, hope your cars will be ok.

Your right it was shameless! :D

I am getting one though, made of metal and bricks though..."can ya guess what it is yet"? :eyebrows:

Dammit! :tongue:

Sorry to hear that:(

I just had a proximity detector fitted to mine a couple of days ago, I hope it's enough!

I always had the feeling that a proximity sensor would attract rather than deter tbh

Hi Sean. Sorry to hear you've had this done. I would go absolutely mental if it happened to mine. Luckily mine's parked well away from the road and I have sensor lighting around the house as well.

I also have a plan. My neighbour sells fake CCTV cameras, complete with wiring and a little blinking light on it. Very deceiving. I might stick one on the wall outside the house and see how many people notice it.

I had reservations about putting one up at all, cos it may backfire; ie 'what have you got to hide', type attitude, rather than, 'oh a camera, I'll walk away'.