The mkiv Supra Owners Club

BOLNEY . New venue , What are your views

blitz supra

This is another idea being suggested as a replacement to Bolney,

Perhaps if we try and get a little sponsorship from the Tuning guys etc or even a small admission charge

What are peoples views ???

Below is a message from Daz who organises Bolney

"My alternative is a meet at Dunsfold ... i.e. where they film Top Gear.

I have spoken to someone there, and getting the venue (depending on date) probably won't be an issue. There is also the option of being able to make use of the circuit (people paying to use it and / or drift demo's), plus using the air strip for some 1/4's or something.

The issue is going to be cost ... and she is going to work out the prices for me. A static meet would obviously be cheaper, but she mentioned something about £3000+VAT to hire the circuit for the entire day.

My biggest issue is that it'd need to be paid for upfront ... and I am not prepared to put that kind of money down for something that may not work.

So, I'll wait and see what she says...I've got to get back to her with suggested dates, and then we'll see. Not sure if it's really viable, but I need to post up the idea because we can at least see if there is any interest."

Daz

Thanks

Andy, is it still planned on the same day (21st April?)

This is the same day as the Supra Santa Pod day.

Daz i beleive is just making enquires at the moment , and there is the cost aspect

I'm in email contact with him, and haver suggested a few ideas to like a little sponsorship from some traders, The tuning companies etc as they will get publicity

No dates as yet ,

I think at the moment its gauging peoples views,

Come May 19th onwards all the official shows etc start kicking off so dates will need to be chosen carefully

IMO the whole attraction of Bolney is the fact that its in the South East, which means that us southerners don't have to travel half a day to get to events, all the rest of the major events are held way north of London, we had Hickstead but they moved that:(

so if anyone can think of anywhere in the South East, it will get my vote:)

IMO the whole attraction of Bolney is the fact that its in the South East, which means that us southerners don't have to travel half a day to get to events, all the rest of the major events are held way north of London, we had Hickstead but they moved that:(

It is SE its just off J10 M25 near Guildford so not much in it between Boxhill meet distance

Still can't beleive you do Bovvy James, It has the worst surface known to man , Cars must get totally wrecked there, ;)

When do you do it? what with the Sat market etc etc

Only done it the once but it's the fact everyone gets a good thrash on the day. 70+ Supras couldn't be wrong :D

It's on a Sunday but i need to sort out when everything is on so i can work round them.

Totally agree with that, bog all down here in the expensive south.

Sorry thought it was up somewhere in Bedforshire, in that case sounds great:)

Croxley green meet 5 mins of J19 M25 is still being discussed, My mate the importer is waiting for info back from Council,

But it would be like Bolney ... pure static..

There have been big classic car meets held before on the green so wouldn't be a prob for a few hundred jap cars ..

Only done it the once but it's the fact everyone gets a good thrash on the day. 70+ Supras couldn't be wrong :D

It's on a Sunday but i need to sort out when everything is on so i can work round them.

Know what you mean from May 19th all the shows start to kick in, trying to find a weekend that doesn't clash is proving a nightmare .

Yep bovvy has good length but the surface is awful

Its only 15 min drive for me from home,

I let my Lad drive the FTO up there a few years back, sitting in the passenger seat (he was 11 yrs old then ) at 50mph with him driving was scary, He drove the Supra up there too, I was kissing the tarmac when i got out !!! i can tell you :blink:

He now wants to drive the Skyline up there ... no chance !!

Ok Dunsford is not looking viable as its to much of a Financial risk having to put £3k up and the risk over only half numbers or no show at all,

Croxley is being seriously looked into as a option, (still waiting for info back from Council)

Croxley has a large village green with easy access from all major motorways and 3x pubs and is on a long stretch of road

There have been classic car meets there before so no probs getting cars on the green etc

Therefore we will look into dates and see where it could be fitted in and if the council will give the go ahaed, then if its all systems go it will be published up on every Jap car club forum .

The location would be " The Green " Croxley Green

More info will be posted up as I receive it

Thanks

Croxley, as in Hertfordshire? Bit of a long way to go isn't it?!

Unfortunatly doing such a large meet like this means you need to find somewhere to hold the cars without holding up normal traffic or upsetting the locals. Then you really need to get permission from the local council as well as letting the police know. It takes alot of planning and easier to organise if you know the area. Thus why Andy has suggested Croxley Green which he knows.

Bolney may have been close for you, but think of everyone else who lived further away. If it's too far you do have an option.

Croxley, as in Hertfordshire? Bit of a long way to go init?!

Edit: I assume Madeira Drive in Brighton would be out of the question?

About 40 mins for East / West Sussex people

Bolney was 45 - 1.5 hr drive for a majority of people whi attended it over the 5 yrs,, but it was worth it ..

We are looking into this venue as it can cope with volume and all the cars would be off the main road and still have the "village feel" which made Bolney so popular, there are also 3x pubs in the green area

If we can pull this off it would be nice to try and make it yearly or bi yearly meet,

But it would be like Bolney strict ground rules in respecting residents etc, A pure social static meet enjoying everyones cars and meeting old and new friends..

We got invited back to Bolney year after year due to respect shown to the village ,

A few fools on the 1st meet and thats it .. blown it..

Ok the hold up is with the Council at the moment, Autobmc who are sponsoring it are waiting for a reply,

We could be looking at a meet in Croxley in June fingers crossed,

We'll need to check dates closely to make sure it doesn't clash with any meets or shows as we hope for a large turn out as its the Bolney replacement and would hope for as much support as possible and a great show of numbers of cars,