The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Changing the Timing Belt - how much?

VIL

Thinking of doing another timing belt change.

Any advice on where to source the parts and which make of belt to go for.

Plus how much should I expect to pay a garage for a belt change or how many hours does it take?

lol was gunn a say. I just had mine done and my mechanic had a lot of problems removing my cam pulley in the end he needed to get a bit air gun to get it off. Anyway the good news is it cost me £280 this was for a full service (belt and fluids) plus installing my Tein Super streets

lol was gunn a say. I just had mine done and my mechanic had a lot of problems removing my cam pulley in the end he needed to get a bit air gun to get it off. Anyway the good news is it cost me £280 this was for a full service (belt and fluids) plus installing my Tein Super streets

WHAT???

the fluids and belts alone should come to almost that should they not?

Sounds very reasonable :cool:

Im tempted to go into toyota, just for a giggle and see how much they charge, be impressed if it didnt consist of four numbers!

get a belt and tensioner from Toyota and as the job is relatively straight forward my ususal garage can do the change?

I think Ric was talking about the drive belt when he said it was easy and to get a tensioner. I didn't get the tensioner changed when I got the cam belt done. I certainly wouldn't call it a straight forward job.