The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Facelift rears help

steb9780

Just about to put them in and realised that the wires have been spliced into for the rear fog.

Is it just a case of tapping into the same coloured wire on the new light harnesses. Are the colours the same??

Any help's appreciated.

I also seem to have one black and white wire coming from that harness connector and that splits off into 4 other black/white wires is this normal or has the previous owner been adjusting the wiring???

Can you be a bit clearer on what you mean? had the previous owner used a foglight in place of one (or more) of the lights in the cluster of did he have a separate one attached?

If the wires are spliced, you should have no problems, just remove the extra fog light wire(s).

if in doubt check they light up properly; both red lights in the cluster should light when you have the lights switched on and both should go brighter when you press the brakes.

Yeah rather than having a fog light on the base of the bumper he had it wired into the lights, I have put another post up now, because it seems that he has replaced one of the brake lights with the fog light.

So I have 3 brake lights and the one that doesn't come on with the brakes is now the fog.