The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Clear front indicators - Ebay v Mr T

Sharpie

I think it's about time I switched from the orange blobs so, have searched a little on the Mr T units and the ones on ebay.

I don't want a fried egg look (as shown below)or I may as well stay with the orange blobs.

It sounds like I need the following parts:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/97-98-Toyota-Supra-Crystal-Clear-Bumper-Indicators_W0QQitemZ140084086132QQihZ004QQcategoryZ14763QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

with silver bulbs:

http://www.espdesign.co.uk/esp.storefront/EN/Product/36506

and a couple of looms from Mr T PN Y81515-14390 and fitting instructions here: http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=73341

Question, I don't normally buy cheap when it comes to the soop so, can anyone give any advice on these ebay units ? do they let water in, mist up or anything like that ?

From the Traders - If I buy Mr T's OEM units, can I remove the fried egg look by just swapping the bulb or is part of the internal lense orange ?

In general - Do the facelift style lights bolt onto the car firmly or if you pushed them from side to side would they move ? I have seen this when I first looked at these types of lights some.....5yrs ago - Maybe it was a bad install ??

Thanks for any replies.

pfront2.jpg

The OEM facelift units have orange blobs inside - you'd have to take the light apart to remove them.

The link you posted to the JDMHonda ones are the exact same lights I got and haven't caused me any problems at all. As far as I could tell when I fitted them they're identical apart from the lack of orange. No misting or leaks either.

As far as fitting, there are two bolts on the back and one on the side (nearest the rad) so it looks like they're a different fit to the pre-facelift ones. Mine were already facelift so I can't comment on any wobble - best wait for someone who's done that conversion to chip in.

As said above, my ebay ones are also fine. They come with 3 bolts. When fitting to a pre-facelift bumper you either have to drill a hole in your bumper to accomodate the third bolt or remove the bolt from the light (they just unscrew) and fix it with the remaining two. The latter option may allow a little wobble.