The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Headlights ??

markjodrell

I have fitted facelift lights with perfectly clear lenses and have put in 55w dipped and 100w main bean xeon bulbs. I took the car to an mot garage to get them adjusted correctly.

Is the adjustment available only for the dipped beam or is there an adjuster for the main as well independently

The reason I ask is that even when driving on main beam they are very poor, with 310 watts I would have thought they would have been really good. To put in perspective my Vectra with 55w bulbs look light daylight in comparison,also I heve deliberatly left them on with oncoming cars and not got flashed, any ideas???

Or are Supra lights relly that poor:search:

Ive put in HB3 (9005) bulbs in dipped and main.

I might try another make of bulb, the ones I got were very cheap off ebay.So it could be just crap bulbs

With the blue ish Xeon bulbs, is the glass actually blue glass or is it painted on?

With my bulbs due to handling the glass (I know you shouldnt) the blue actually rubbed off

Just been checking my lights again against a wall, the main and dipped shine at the same height, I would have expected the main to be much higher.As I have said I have 100w main and 55 dipped xeons and my lenses are crystal clear, yet the lights are crap. Is the main and dipped set at the same height as you cannot adjust independently ???