The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Boost Controllers ?????

merckx

A boost controller must be one of the most popular purchases for the Supra.

I asked a question in the technical section but have had very few responses so I'm assuming knowone really understands how they work. :p

The more expensive ones allow you to adjust the Gain and also allow you to map the boost settings against speed.

Can someone quantify the advantage to be had by being able to adjust them in the manor listed above.

I was thinking about getting the AEM Tru Boost controller but you cannot make the two adjustments listed above.

Is it worth spending the extra money to get one that has these functions?

Thanks

A boost controller must be one of the most popular purchases for the Supra.

I asked a question in the technical section but have had very few responses so I'm assuming knowone really understands how they work. :p

The more expensive ones allow you to adjust the Gain and also allow you to map the boost settings against speed.

Can someone quantify the advantage to be had by being able to adjust them in the manor listed above.

I was thinking about getting the AEM Tru Boost controller but you cannot make the two adjustments listed above.

Is it worth spending the extra money to get one that has these functions?

Thanks

maybe the reason your not getting much response here mate is the nature of the question i think your thinking to deep, i run a greddy profec B cheap as chips e-bay £100 (second hand from a skyline) on a modest 510 rwhp you will also find this controller on 1000 bhp cars, basically any branded boost controller will controll your boost pretty well the only time mine fluctuates (slightly) is when its -4C !, gain is the way the BC opens the wastegate the description in the greddy manual mentions "sharp" and "mild", i am sure it is not my imagination but my car builds boost quicker with the BC switched on as opposed to running on the wastegate spring, at the end of the day there is nothing mysterious about a boost controller ALL it does is controll the wastegate which is just a pressure relief valve in a basic pressurised system, hope this answers your questions in some way