The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How long will you keep your Supra for?

hogmaw

How long do you plan to keep your current Supra?  

134 members have voted

1. 1. How long do you plan to keep your current Supra?

• Less than 1 year
    • Maybe 1 - 2 years
    • 2 - 5 years
    • Over 5 years
    • Undecided. Until I crash it/get bored/skint etc

I've had mine coming up to 3 years now and despite our first baby being due this summer I have no intention of getting rid.

Road tax increases - don't care

Petrol price increases - not bothered

CO2 issues - load of old cobblers

Weekend driving only - means I enjoy it more

Maintainence costs - I'm not single turbo so it's not an issue ;)

The Supra stays! I think I will have this car for a long time yet. What about you lot?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

coming up to 5 years and still love it......yea it has its moments but what else could I get to come close to replacing it without spending BIG money.

I did have a wobble last year and looked to sell it as I was setting up my own business and thought I could do with the money but I`m glad I didnt.

To be honest they have come down in price so much its not even worth thinking about selling it as I would be gutted to sell it for anything less than I feel would be its true value......

Chances are I will own it for life!

Unfortunately mine will be up for sale in the next few weeks.

Ill be finishing Uni this year and instead of getting a job straight away im going traveling for a year. So there is no point in keeping the Supra, as i have to save to go away next year and will have to get rid of it before i go anyway.

So look out for a stock j spec auto very soon!

Just had a thought . [sHOCK][/sHOCK]

If I keep it as long as I"ve owned my Triumph Stag (bought it in April 1978) thats 29 years.!!!!! Shit ... 29 less 7 years already had supe ...thats 22 yrs to go .... I"ll be 79. yes 79.

How will I get in & out.:search: Think the Stags going to be the record holder on years of ownership.

Any one here had a car that long I wonder?

Any one here had a car that long I wonder?

Longest ive owned a car is 3 years from new otherwise its been a year or less for every car.

But ive always wanted a supe and theres so much i want to do with it. What else would i get for performance/pound/looks that matches the supe

Had my supra less than 3 weeks and it's up for sale :(

Why is that Danny??

I have had mine 6 weeks and although I am going a bit silly getting it tidied up I am absolutely in love with it. Have only done about 300 miles but I keep looking at it!!:)

The grin factor is immense......:D

H.

Probably not for much longer TBH. It's a gorgeous car and I love it, but nowadays it spends 3 weeks every month parked up because I won't park it anywhere dodgy. :( Meaning I have to run a second car.

I'm thinking something more sensible but still with a bit of power, like an ST200, always wanted one of those. :)