The mkiv Supra Owners Club

AEM EMS Factory Trained

Guest Nicholas

Guest Nicholas

AEM EMS Factory Trained I see numerous members on the forum with this in their signature but what does it actually mean? does it mean they have been trained in every aspect of the AEM EMS ECU and how to map to any engine spec or does it mean they have been shown the basics?

I know AEM do a 2 day course for training on the EMS ECU and if you did this would that mean you're "AEM EMS Factory Trained"?

I believe it means the person concerned has attended a course with AEM to learn how their software works, it doesn't always mean they know how to tune cars but it means AEM tried to help them :)

According to some old AEM blurb I have:

"Topics covered include how to successfully install and tune and AEM EMS including tuning for boost, fuel, closed-loop, AFR, cold startup and more"

The seminars are free of charge and at the end you get a certificate and listing on an AEM referral list (in the US at least?).

It's a bit like going on a Microsoft course to learn Word I guess, they show you how to do bold, italics, new lines and more but this doesn't make you an author :)

Guest Nicholas
I believe it means the person concerned has attended a course with AEM to learn how their software works, it doesn't always mean they know how to tune cars but it means AEM tried to help them :)

According to some old AEM blurb I have:

"Topics covered include how to successfully install and tune and AEM EMS including tuning for boost, fuel, closed-loop, AFR, cold startup and more"

The seminars are free of charge and at the end you get a certificate and listing on an AEM referral list (in the US at least?).

It's a bit like going on a Microsoft course to learn Word I guess, they show you how to do bold, italics, new lines and more but this doesn't make you an author :)

Thanks Michael that's made it clear :)

You are so true Michael, looks like AEM factory trained people are always on my back ... shame that cant tune cars ... if they could then it would not be a problem .... Nick enlighten us with "AEM ory trained" people , have they managed to unsuccesfully NOT TUNE YOUR CAR ??. or am i abit off topic here..

I didnt know the seminars where free of charge, but it all depends on what each individual takes out of it, and as its a 2day course cant be that intense, the EFI course sounds pretty good for beginners and enthusiasts, they do one down south somewhere,

I would prefer to take my car to a proven tuner if pos. but we all gotta start somewhere...the more courses and experience the better!

Guest Nicholas
You are so true Michael, looks like AEM factory trained people are always on my back ... shame that cant tune cars ... if they could then it would not be a problem .... Nick enlighten us with "AEM ory trained" people , have they managed to unsuccesfully NOT TUNE YOUR CAR ??. or am i abit off topic here..

Bit off topic mate but I can understand how you feel, I have a full write up ready for when my car's finished so all will be clear then chap. Oh and yhpm :D