The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Emanage blue base map - 440cc, twins, bpu

Ryan.G

Not going to be BPU for much longer but the jspec overfuel heavily after 4500rpm was seeing 10.3 on my wideband datalogging last night at 1bar. Way too rich for me, wasting to much fuel. Toyota did a good job on the lean cruise burn though and cold start enrichment :)

Map sensor only operates to 1.0Bar on JDM, at which point most cars will tend to run rich

yup after 14.5psi the ecu just goes 100% injector duty hence why goes rich.

Can you tell me your mods so far?? Just if you're BPU and running rich it may be wise to find out why this is to start with.

Your best bet is to alter the EManage as you go from zero accross the board

Double De-cat running 1.0bar

HKS Superdrager 2 exhaust

CW SMIC

TRL VVFC FCD

Walbro Fuel Pump

RLTC w/launch control

nothing wrong with car bud have error checked and watched the injector duty

Just toyota playing safe

yup after 14.5psi the ecu just goes 100% injector duty hence why goes rich.

Double De-cat running 1.0bar

HKS Superdrager 2 exhaust

CW SMIC

TRL VVFC FCD

Walbro Fuel Pump

RLTC w/launch control

nothing wrong with car bud have error checked and watched the injector duty

Just toyota playing safe

The ECU dose not just go 100% injector DC over 1 bar,

it is mapped beyond i bar, just very rich, i have once seen 96% DC at 1.25 bar on a very cold day,

when i first when BPU i was seeing AFRs in the 9s so Emanage is very usefull for trimming fuel once the ECU goes open loop, its also a good idea to pull a couple of degrees of timing over 1 bar, you can also use the Emanage to deal with the fuel cut.

Ryan, whay are you putting an EManage on a BPU car?? You shouldn't really need to change anything tbh. Have you got an AFR gauge in the car??

Drop Smarty a line to see how much improvement a BPU car can get when you sort out the fuelling ;) Yes a Supra will run OK but you can pull sooo much fuel and still remain nice and safe, you free up more power and use less petrol - bonus :)

Map sensor only operates to 1.0Bar on JDM, at which point most cars will tend to run rich.

They read up to 1.25bar, although the last 0.05bar is a tad erratic. Fuel cut kicks in above 1.0bar, when it cuts in depends on how far over 1bar you are and for how long. By this time the ECU is running the injectors at 100% anyway as it's anticipating an overboost condition - hence the running rich issue.

-Ian

Drop Smarty a line to see how much improvement a BPU car can get when you sort out the fuelling ;)

-Ian

When a BPU Supe is mapped properly, jesus its bloody quick,(Thanks again Ian) even in TTC Mode which i have had to do due to 2nd tubby getting later.

It now pulls like never before. Cant beleive how much difference it has made. Plus the advancing of the timing in places helps alot :)