The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Rear arch problems with new wheels

AMG

I have fitted some nice new wheels but all is not well. A very bad bumps (with my Teins set to the hardest setting), the tires are catching the lip on the arch and ripping my tires to bits. Just had a quick word with a chap at a local bodyshop. I asked him if grinding the lip would sort it but he just suggested 'knocking' it upwards to just move the 'shap' edge away from the tires. I pressume this would mean they would still rub though.

Has anyone got any advice as to what is the best way to sort this problem while i have still got some tire left?

I took some pics but they dont really show much.

SP_A0178.jpg

SP_A0179.jpg

SP_A0180.jpg

SP_A0181.jpg

Rear whells are 19 x 10 with 295 tires and offset of 43 to give people an idea.

I thought that too but the bloke at bodyshop didn't even mention it as a possibility. Then again he did not seem too interested in doing it :search:

mine look very similar to yours mate.

I had the arches rolled and that sorted the problem.

Having said that though I do still have the standard suspension.

I have 19x10.5 with a +47 offset with a 295 tyre.

Mine look similar to yours mate. But mine are 18's with 285's and the jap yellow bilsteins (not sure if thats spelt right!)

I had mine shaved at the rear. I prefered this to rolling as theres a risk it will crack the paint, which then adds to the bill. Theres a lot that can be shaved off on the inside of the lip. But make sure not too much is taken of or it will remove the spot welds holing it together.

Think i payed about £50 for both