The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Headlight Removal!

Havard

Help!

I have got the three bolts undone but how do you get the clips off the bulbs? I am pulling really hard on them but they won't come apart.

I now have the headlight hanging out but the wires to the bulbs are holding everything in place!

I do not have a manual and don't want to snap any of the connectors!!:(

H.

I have got one out. I twisted the rubber/plastic holder but they didn't move backwards once twisted. I have had to break them at the clips.

I'm ok I have got the easy one out. Now for the drivers side.

I have had a good look at the one I got out. On the main beam side there is no facility to twist, just 4 screws.

I'll post up a couple of piccies later as mine don't seem to match any of the descriptions so far!!:blink:

H.

You can twist them and indeed they do normally come out quite easily - see green arrow. However, putting them back when the light is back in the car can sometimes be a right PITA (maybe I'm just rubbish), so I recommend you unplug them also by pressing down on the clip and pulling apart - this makes it much, much easier to reinstall in my opinion - see red arrow. Ignore the yellow arrow, that was for a different question I was asking.

<!--url{0}-->[/img]</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> Mine

Which ones are you struggling with H?

I'm sorted now mate! I just get a little frustrated when I'm outside in a howling gale & I'm worried that I'm going to break my lovely car!!;)

You can twist them and indeed they do normally come out quite easily - see green arrow. However, putting them back when the light is back in the car can sometimes be a right PITA (maybe I'm just rubbish), so I recommend you unplug them also by pressing down on the clip and pulling apart - this makes it much, much easier to reinstall in my opinion - see red arrow. Ignore the yellow arrow, that was for a different question I was asking.

[qimg][qimg]http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/299/0703091450biq6.jpg[/qimg][/qimg]

Mine's a pre-facelift j-spec, I haven't looked at any other derivatives, so they may differ. I found the full beam one to be most awkward - why couldn't it be rotated 180 degrees?? I guess I'll never make a good grease monkey. :(

Thanks a lot Lukeyboy, I had already got them out. Found it a lot easier to break the clips once I'd sussed them. Trying to twist the bulbs out seemed to be putting strain on the wires and I was shit scared of breaking anything. We now need to pop them in a box and send to Jon.:)

Having white rings around the bulbs instead of chrome. I will post up some pictures in a bit. Has anyone elses chrome rings disintegrated like mine has??:rolleyes:

H.