The mkiv Supra Owners Club

weekend project finished - tamiya supra

Guest CoolsBlue

Guest CoolsBlue

started it on friday and just finished, got another one in the box and will be a red UK spec, hope you like it! really tiny and hard to paint some parts

DSC01941.jpg

DSC01938.jpg

DSC01942.jpg

Guest CoolsBlue

the site i got it from is out of stock, hiroboy, uk store, but ebay has them from honkkong, TAMIYA 24123 1/24 TOYOTA SUPRA, just gotta put the twin turbo engine in, thanks!

started it on friday and just finished, got another one in the box and will be a red UK spec, hope you like it! really tiny and hard to paint some parts

What did you paint the body with? I chose to spray mine but over did it and lost some detail. Have a new one now with everything painted now except the body. Trying to pluck up the nerve to attempt it again. This time it'll be red.

I also picked up some after-market bit at (I think) JAE. Got some nice wheels, big zorst etc. Pics when it's painted.

Guest CoolsBlue

mate, those wheels u got, garuntee they aint gonna fit without moddin the fittings drilling etc, i used tamiya TS spray, and tamiya clear coat, nothing to it spraying i simple as the cans are tiny! i also got a SR20DET engine of a nissan and will put thaty into another supra and nismo rims of a tamiya skyline with same fittings, http://www.spc.org.uk and see tips, will show how to fit ur rims on the tamiya supras as theyre aoshima or fujimi...good luck

Guest CoolsBlue
Nice work there Kev

.........now get that red one painted and you can then 'bin' the silver one ;)

hehehe, im thinking of making supras and selling them, exact same ones as other ppls supras, colours, interior and number plates etc but so far can only do stock bodys + rims, full veilside kits or bomex.