The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How Much?

Guest Big Bri

Guest Big Bri

Hi all,very soon I have some wonga coming my way and I am after a toy for the summer,now I have been looking at Supra's for the last eight months or so on this website and I have always fancied one but over the last few weekends I have ben keeping myself buissy test driving various cars for example crossfire,350z,Focus ST,Astra VXR,Now I am in a bit of a tizzy as I can get a nearly new VXR for £16000 with three years warranty very nice looking and fast,If i was to get a Supra it would have to be a tt Airotop no compromises and for £16000 i could probably get a dogs bolocks one but at the end of the day "And here is my problem"These cars are nocking on fourteen years old.What is a good Fair price to pay for a TT Airotop?And as i Have never driven a Supra Is there anyone in the Southampton area willing to give a fourty five year old very good driver a test drive?Thanks in advance for any advice offered;)

Welcome to the club. Prices vary on supras just look around for the perfect one and don't buy the first one that comes along.

As for test drive I am too far but I don't think anyone would let you test drive their car, taking you for a ride in one is a different story though :)

Welcome to the club Bri...!! ;) Just how big are you then?

I wouldn't worry about the age of the car, it's the condition that counts. All the other cars you have mentioned I would class as average, are they cars that people will walk over and get the camera out for? I think not!

Supra TT Aerotop is the dogs and I would expect you to spend 12k max. They are like rocking horse shit though..!!:search:

H.

Guest Big Bri
....................if you were insane. Why people spend that sort of money on a vauxhall is beyond me! ;) You'll get an excellent Supra for that. Or a nearly new Evo.

Ok Steviekid(nearly new evo)point me in the direction mate:) As for the VXR have you driven one?dont be to quick to diss Vauxhall I have owned a few and I have no complaints,Look at the minaro for example,Anyway the point I am making is that if you look in the forsale section the average tt goes for £8000 upwards which to me is a bit overpriced for a car that is fourteen years old on average,Of course I realise that this is a enthusiasts club and people put a lot of money in to their cars as I have done in the past but as we all know modifications are a pointless exercise when it comes to the true value of a car and does nothing for the value of it infact sometimes it can have the opposite affect:innocent:

Guest Big Bri
ello, im in southampton, but havent got my car back yet.

i wouldnt even go for a vauxhall, they are pants lmao.

just test drive a supra and ure be hooked, for 16k you will get an absolute minter.

Hi lockys96 nice car mate,So where is your car at the moment and are you offering me a test drive"dont worry I am training to be a driving instructor at the moment and I have comprehensive insurance";)

Hi lockys96 nice car mate,So where is your car at the moment and are you offering me a test drive"dont worry I am training to be a driving instructor at the moment and I have comprehensive insurance";)

i wouldnt let anyone sit in the drivers seat, let along start the engine

Ok Steviekid(nearly new evo)point me in the direction mate:) As for the VXR have you driven one?dont be to quick to diss Vauxhall I have owned a few and I have no complaints,Look at the minaro for example,Anyway the point I am making is that if you look in the forsale section the average tt goes for £8000 upwards which to me is a bit overpriced for a car that is fourteen years old on average,Of course I realise that this is a enthusiasts club and people put a lot of money in to their cars as I have done in the past but as we all know modifications are a pointless exercise when it comes to the true value of a car and does nothing for the value of it infact sometimes it can have the opposite affect:innocent:

Hi mate if you go for a drive in one you will not think 8k is a lot for such a car, also when cars get modified i will agree that you will not get everything you invest in mods back on the price of the car, but i would not agee that modifications are a pointless exersise and does nothing to the true value of the car, i have like many others got quite a few mods on my car, but it now has an agreed valuation of 18k on it which is not bad for a 14 year old car, and it will kick the ass of a porsche turbo 911, quite a few ferrari's and cars of similar spec which again is not bad for a 14year old car, what other cars could you go out and buy for 16k that will give this sort of performance? :)

Trust me mate go for a drive in one and then see if you can still ask this question.

the average tt goes for £8000 upwards which to me is a bit overpriced for a car that is fourteen years old on average

Fourteen years old maximum you mean, right? The MkIV was made from 93 to 2002, so they aren't all ancient ;)

8k wouldn't buy you half of my Supra

You're aware that all the Aerotops were Automatic?

Guest StevenSheen

The only vauxhall I would get is a Monaro, which is slightly outside of your budget, but you could get a Holden instead which is the same car for that money...nice muscle car thrills.

As a new supra owner though I am happy with the car, and it does have classic looks....(yes even with my V-side kit you grumpy lot lol)

Guest Big Bri

[quote=Jake;

Yeh Thanks mate I am aware that all aerotops are auto this doesnt bother me i have had autos in the past and it's sometimes a blessing when sitting in traffic

Fourteen years old maximum you mean, right? The MkIV was made from 93 to 2002, so they aren't all ancient ;)

8k wouldn't buy you half of my Supra

Problem is Jake the TT aerotop was only made till 95, so he will be looking at 12 year old cars at the youngest if he will only have an aero tt.

Thing is though Bri the vauxhall you mentioned in 3 years time will most probably be valued under 10k and I wouldn't be suprised if Aero TT's were still fetching this mark then :) as locky's said , these wern't cheap new!

Does many TT Aerotop's come up for sale within the club or is their anyone who can source one?

Not many, there's a few importers on here, Jurgen can probably most source you one but it would be a 2-3 month wait I'd expect.

Not many, there's a few importers on here, Jurgen can probably most source you one but it would be a 2-3 month wait I'd expect.

:yeahthat:

Jurgen has a great rep for getting very nice cars on here.

If you find another source then use the search facility to check them out on here as there are some dodgy dealers about.

Good luck finding a Supra!

Don't knock the Astra VXR - I have one and its a hell of a lot of fun. Can't complain about reliability, I've had no problems so far.

Driving wise its very different to the Supe (which is what I wanted). The Astra is fast, a lot of power for FWD - turn off traction control and its a bitch to keep the wheels from spinning. I haven't regretted buying it for a minuite.

Saying that, the Supe can't be beaten for that 'oh sh*t we're taking off!' feeling. If I had to choose between to two it would without a doubt be the Supe, there's nothing better than a nice day with the roof off and having all that power to play with :)

Though on a cold snowy day, the heated seats in the Astra come close ;)

BTW, if I was to have kids in the near future, I would seriously consider a Zafira VXR; mental cars when you consider they're people carriers!