The mkiv Supra Owners Club

anyone running nitrous on bpu supra?

stylieee

Got a WON nitrous kit (single inj fogger) sitting in my garage that i had on a previous car, and im thinking about fitting it to the supra at about the same time i go bpu (+fmic).

i dont have a progressive controller so i'll take it no higher than 50/75bhp for the time being.

question is though, will the standard UK spec fueling system cope with bpu AND a small wet shot of nitrous? or am i going to have to upgrade the pump or anything?

The UK spec pump should cope with it just fine (aren't they supposedly better than the Walbro pumps?).

Ignore all the people who tell you nitrous kills your engine; it doesn't. A badly set-up system will kill an already damaged engine, but as long as the setup is done properly and the engine is checked out OK before-hand (compression test & definitely a leak-down test done 1st) then you'll not have any problems.

I wouldn't take it above a 50 shot without a progressive controller, though.

The UK spec pump should cope with it just fine (aren't they supposedly better than the Walbro pumps?).

Ignore all the people who tell you nitrous kills your engine; it doesn't. A badly set-up system will kill an already damaged engine, but as long as the setup is done properly and the engine is checked out OK before-hand (compression test & definitely a leak-down test done 1st) then you'll not have any problems.

I wouldn't take it above a 50 shot without a progressive controller, though.

Bob,

It depends on what revs you want to use it from. Never below 2500 anyway.

Pre intercooler? :blink:

I was just about to say that as well...

Nitrous is meant to be injected as a liquid and as close the combustion chamber as possible to preserve its liquid state..

By injecting pre-intercooler, you are almost assured that it will enter the combustion chamber in a gaseous state and therefore not as dense.

Bob,

It depends on what revs you want to use it from. Never below 2500 anyway.

Fair enough, I always used the 50 limit as a rule of thumb on smaller engine cars, but forgot that the Supra lump is teensy bit stronger than most! :D

The Wizards of Nos forum is a great place to get any help, btw, and completely free: http://www.forum.nitrous-advice.com/