PDA

View Full Version : new member

STU/3LTR/TT
17-03-07, 20:04
Hi all,just purchaced my first supra,twin turbo,94L,fortune 03 kit fitted by veilside,lombo doors ,looks good,only 35klms from new,look forword to chating to you all ,stu.

Jake
17-03-07, 20:06
Fitted by VeilSide? :alarm bells:

It's not a black aerotop is it?

STU/3LTR/TT
17-03-07, 20:13
Yes

Jake
17-03-07, 20:16
Are you aware that the car has a rather dubious history? It wasn't an aerotop originally
There's a couple of massive threads on here about your car

Here's one of them
http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=95982&highlight=aerotop+conver%2A

colsoop
17-03-07, 21:01
Are you aware that the car has a rather dubious history? It wasn't an aerotop originally

Here's one of them

Welcome by the way :d

Supradan
17-03-07, 21:01

Here's one of them

Ouch:(

Rayman
17-03-07, 21:19
Yes

How is it then? :)

supragold
17-03-07, 21:20
Welcome. :wave:

AlanM
17-03-07, 21:23
Welcome, good luck with the car

StevenSheen
17-03-07, 21:24
well thats not great news, hope you got a different one to that in the thread! Hows it handle if its the one in the thread it probably handles like a 1989 Saab 900 convertable...

Rayman
17-03-07, 21:33
Dont think he was too happy!

Tom
17-03-07, 22:08
Ouch :(,

we knew this was gonna happen.

Branners
17-03-07, 22:12
couldnt see what we could do to stop it though, which is a shame.

JB

SupraStar 3000
17-03-07, 22:13
Hi and welcome.

Lets hope thats not the car :(

Havard
17-03-07, 22:19
Hi and welcome.

Lets hope thats not the car :(

I think we can say with a degree of certainty that is is!!

Poor sod!!:rolleyes: Wonder how much he's paid for it??

Why don't people check up on these things before hand. We all know that I was about for ages before I made my purchase and it certainly didn't do me any harm!

H.

Tom
17-03-07, 22:22
I *think* it was up for about 20k!

StevenSheen
17-03-07, 22:36
well on the surface it looks like its worth a fair whack...I think he may have gone to tie him self up to the rafters :(

Poor guy, feel for him, not nice being ripped off. I guess it was a purchase from the heart...some people have no patience H, like me and him obviously lol :blink:

R3DG3CKO ROB
17-03-07, 22:50
oh dear... :( Just finished reading the back story to this...

I hope the car's ok...

Welcome to the forum, please let us know how you get on with the car..

Rob

Matt "Aero top"
17-03-07, 22:52
But what about the poor bugger who he's gonna sell it to after reading this ? the car ort to be striped of its parts and crushed

STU/3LTR/TT
17-03-07, 23:01
Sorry did'nt reply had to go out, can't access link to that page you sent so i have'nt got a clue whats on there, took the car to nemesis on friday who supply fortune o3 kits for veilside, who said the base car was mint/kit was fitted proffesionaly and they want to show the car on there stand so it can't be that bad can it.

hiten55
17-03-07, 23:03
hi mate, welcome to the forum.

i'll let someone else fill you in, just bare in mind, we're all enthusiasts on here and are here to help......

Lewis
17-03-07, 23:04
Basically, the car was not bought by one of our traders as it had a really dodgy history in japan. Someone else bought it and then tried to say it was mint and it was proved otherwise with photo's/history/eyewitnesses and auction docs

EDIT: http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=87521&page=4

You should be able to view this thread (although you should pay to become a member and read the other one).

Matt "Aero top"
17-03-07, 23:08
Sorry did'nt reply had to go out, can't access link to that page you sent so i have'nt got a clue whats on there, took the car to nemesis on friday who supply fortune o3 kits for veilside, who said the base car was mint/kit was fitted proffesionaly and they want to show the car on there stand so it can't be that bad can it.

pay ya membership buddie then tou can access all areas and posts .;)

R3DG3CKO ROB
17-03-07, 23:12
The original seller in Japan was less than honest about it's history so Jurgen (importer) understandably walked away...

Don't panic :)

Homer
17-03-07, 23:13

As others have said you'll need to become a member to read the thread, if this is the same car I really encourage you to do so. If you make the payment via "Paid subscriptions" in UserCp you will be able to read the thread right away. If you can't pay right away send me a PM and I'll give you access to have a read this evening.

If it's the same car then the issue is very serious and I do not think it should be used on the road. Its a show car only.

Nemisis have a rather less than perfect reputation in the Supra world, so be warned.

hiten55
17-03-07, 23:16
As others have said you'll need to become a member to read the thread, if this is the same car I really encourage you to do so. If you make the payment via "Paid subscriptions" in UserCp you will be able to read the thread right away. If you can't pay right away send me a PM and I'll give you access to have a read this evening.

If it's the same car then the issue is very serious and I do not think it should be used on the road. Its a show car only.

I DEFINITELY agree on this one. structural rigidity is in question - not something to be messing around with.

P.s. Hats off to Homer for being so accommodating.

STU/3LTR/TT
17-03-07, 23:55
will get a structual report on it asap hopefully it won't be to bad & be able to get it sorted, if not it'll be an expencive garden ornament ha ha!

Homer
18-03-07, 00:00
will get a structual report on it asap hopefully it won't be to bad & be able to get it sorted, if not it'll be an expencive garden ornament ha ha!

It won't be a case of being able to 'fix it', you can't. The chassis is different

If its the same car, then go back to the company that sold it and get your money back. Unless you agreed it was a chop job its been mis-sold.

STU/3LTR/TT
18-03-07, 00:07
if its bad news then thats exactly what i'll do, have paid membership but still unable to see/read for my self, thanks for all comments

Homer
18-03-07, 00:18
if its bad news then thats exactly what i'll do, have paid membership but still unable to see/read for my self, thanks for all comments

I've not seen anything come into the club mailbox, but due to the circumstances have given you 24 hours access to the members section.

go4longer
18-03-07, 08:10
welcome

Lewis
18-03-07, 08:55
I really hope we are all talking about a different car mate for your sake. We are a friendly bunch and none of us likes to see a fellow owner (or anyone) get so blatently ripped off, especially when we are talking about large amounts of money. I'm also sorry that your first experience of the club may have been a negative one. If you need more info or any help, we have plenty of people who would be happy to do what they can to help you out.

Let us know how you get on.

Lewis

Ian R
18-03-07, 08:57
Hi mate I take it you are near Bromsgrove then as you mention Nemesis. :welcome: where abouts are you would like to see this car

Konrad
18-03-07, 08:59
If guy who sold you this car told in advert that it is BASED on TT Aerotop, he didn't tell truth, so I would say your deal is non existent as car is not sold as in specification.

STU/3LTR/TT
18-03-07, 09:56
double post

LIVE BY MERRY HILL SHOPPING CENTRE,I'M NOT A BUY RACER,JUST WANTED TO OWN A SPECIAL CAR,STU.

Jake
18-03-07, 10:05
I really hope we are all talking about a different car mate for your sake. It's definitely the same car, even the mileage ties up

sorry that your first experience of the club may have been a negative one.Yeah, I suppose it was. He needed to know about it though.

Havard
18-03-07, 10:13
http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=87521&page=4&highlight=fortune

Don't know if this helps but this is the original thread that will shed a bit of light on what happened. Would I be right in assuming that this car has been purchased from Street Candy then?

Is so, I take it that he didn't advertise his knowledge of the arguments that had taken place with regard to the lack of extra chassis strengthening?

Surely that in itself means that the car has been sold illegally as it is not fit for purpose?

H.

TrickTT
18-03-07, 10:19
LIVE BY MERRY HILL SHOPPING CENTRE,I'M NOT A BUY RACER,JUST WANTED TO OWN A SPECIAL CAR,STU.
Hi and welcome. You are only about 10 minutes from me. Give me a shout if you need someone to check over the car for you.

Rich
18-03-07, 10:48
good luck with the car Stu,hope you get sorted one way or another dude.

Konrad
18-03-07, 10:51

I'm visiting Merry Hill pretty often, usually driving bus no. 260 :p If you can say where abouts you are, I can pop in one day to have a look on this one :)

StevenSheen
18-03-07, 11:00
Well Stu the car certainly looks stunning, lets hope the conversion was done well and the extra structual rigidity was added during the conversion and maybe it will be fine, just get it checked out...You certainly own a fine looking supra I can say that much for it!

STU/3LTR/TT
18-03-07, 12:00
Tnanks For All Your Comments,purchased Car Nowing It Had The Conversion To The Roof,car Has Been Checked Before Purchase,will Get My Own Done,payed By Street Candy,been Assured That Job Was Done Propley,as It Is A 1 Owner Car ,would Of Thought All Work Carried Out Was Done Profesionaly,as Vielside Did It,will Have To Make Your Own Minds Up ,if You See It,regards Stu.

markjodrell
18-03-07, 12:18
Welcome.:D

Keep us infomed with the outcome of your inspections

Good luck

Matt "Aero top"
18-03-07, 12:19
Well Stu the car certainly looks stunning, lets hope the conversion was done well and the extra structual rigidity was added during the conversion and maybe it will be fine, just get it checked out...You certainly own a fine looking supra I can say that much for it!

I was thinking just that in the above quote .... Surely no idiot is going to cut the roof out of a car and not beef up the chassis structure ..... Would they ??

And hows it passed the SVA ?? or don't they go into this much detail ?

If the conversion was honestly done buy veilside surely they know what needed to be done to make this conversion possible .

Tom
18-03-07, 13:56
And hows it passed the SVA ?? or don't they go into this much detail ?

it's over 10 years old so no sva required :)

Lewis
18-03-07, 14:02
It's definitely the same car, even the mileage ties up
Yeah, I suppose it was. He needed to know about it though.

Absolutely, I wasn't meaning that anyone had deliberately tried to make i crap for him, just a shame that what should have been a "how cool is my car" ended up being a kick in the balls for him.

blueangel
18-03-07, 19:42
Any pix of the car other than on the links, surely if i owned that car i would have put pix up straight away to be honest.

Branners
18-03-07, 20:09
perhaps if you post up some pics of the car then people can see if its the same car.

JB

p111ddy
18-03-07, 21:33
:welcome: to the club fella. I hope it works out for you what ever the outcome!

Jake
08-05-07, 15:07
Tnanks For All Your Comments,purchased Car Nowing It Had The Conversion To The Roof,car Has Been Checked Before Purchase,will Get My Own Done,payed By Street Candy,been Assured That Job Was Done Propley,as It Is A 1 Owner Car ,would Of Thought All Work Carried Out Was Done Profesionaly,as Vielside Did It,will Have To Make Your Own Minds Up ,if You See It,regards Stu.

How are you getting on with the car Stu? Did it pass the inspection OK?