The mkiv Supra Owners Club

n-a to turbo?

wilkorangerover

ive bought a n-a supra , can anybody turbo these? if so how much? regards adam also how long does it take

Yep, there's quite a few kits out there.

A basic conversion will cost around £4k, this should bring it up to around the same power as a stock TT. Perhaps a little more.

A 'proper' conversion will cost upwards of £8k as it requires conversion to a low compression engine, replacement of the weaker NA drivetrain components, etc.

what engine mods can i do to get more power (without turbo conversion)

Unfortunately the NA's aren't very tunable. Most members agree a full decat releases 10-15bhp so thats a good first step. Some say an aftermarket air intake improves response, though an equal number say the stock one is better.

NOS is always an option but IMO is expensive and only offers a few minutes of 'fun' per tank (at £60 or so for a refill).

ive bought a n-a supra , can anybody turbo these? if so how much? regards adam also how long does it take

The NA already has an imaginary turbo fitted so you don't need one really! If you make a whisting noise as your rev counter reaches 4k revs you'll be fine!!

In answer to your "How long does it take" question, I would say about 20 seconds to fit an imaginary turbo. I have just fiited an imaginary NOS kit to mine tonight. It took about 15 secs and you can't half feel the difference!!;)

H.

Guest Geneb
The NA already has an imaginary turbo fitted so you don't need one really! If you make a whisting noise as your rev counter reaches 4k revs you'll be fine!!

In answer to your "How long does it take" question, I would say about 20 seconds to fit an imaginary turbo. I have just fiited an imaginary NOS kit to mine tonight. It took about 15 secs and you can't half feel the difference!!;)

H.

i see you also found the imaginary turbo! mine runs quite well now that i've upgraded it in my mind:d

just trying to find an imaginary Supermodel to sit next to me now H. and no please dont offer:p