The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Running as it should again

edge

It was running a bit lumpy the other day after a long drive out. Next day i had a look and it turned out a couple of coil pack connectors needed changing. Done that but then the car still seemed a bit slow and hesitated a few times when tubbie no2 was engaged.

So today when i got home i took it apart again and took the plugs out.

As i took the coils packs out i could see some oil around the plugs. The most oily bits were at the back of the engine. I can only assume that the cam cover gasket is leaking so i cleaned it all out and will check after the next few runs to see if theres anything obvious.

So i pulled the plugs out, Quick wire brushing and de-oiled them and back in. Only bad thing is almost all of the number 7 clips died on me :-(. (part numer anyone? Plz dont say 7 lol.)

Took it out for a spin on my local private runway and as there were no members on the track i hit my first 160 leptons in a matter of seconds and then ran out of bottle and i just couldnt believe that the car just wanted to keep on going, Very naughty car as it felt so safe . :lol:

Im still smiling.

Jim

Guest Phillw454

Hope its all ok now matey.

I hit 120 leps in mine the other day on that runway and again it felt so safe and effortless, no windnoise, no rattles no shaking, just wanted more but i bottled it:d

Il have to come out and see what 160 leps feels like!!:)