The mkiv Supra Owners Club

De-Wipering the rear

DamanC

Well, this evening i was out fitting my TRD spoiler and having one of those spur of the moment thoughts. I know, ill tear the rear wiper off. So i did. Naterally i now have a hole temporally covered with red electrical tape :D which obviosly needs filling, my question is, what have you guys filled yours with?

Looks nice Ro, did they just weld sand and blend or repain the whole shabang? Cost much?

I had to have rust sorted around the glass so that's why I thought I'd get all the holes filled. It was completely re-sprayed.

It was about £400 from GVN - They are expensive but usually do a very good job. Glass needed taking out and new seals.

Cheers guys :)

Its not that i want to do it on the cheap, its so that i can have something other than red tape as temp measure so i can decide fully if i want a wiper or not :)

When you will find rubber or plastic cover with size fitting to wiper hole, pm me please :p Who knows exact size of this hole?

This is my temporary solution on spoiler holes. Not polished yet as just painted all marks after spoiler... Bought those at Halfords, 1 pound for pack of 20 i think :p

buttons.jpg

34mm

Thanks, will do hunting tommorow, because I want to get rid of mine too :tongue: I will eventually be filled professionally, but now there is no point as car will go for bodyworks and respray anyway next year. I belive that till this time I will become fully proffesional body repairer and painter lol

Well, this evening i was out fitting my TRD spoiler and having one of those spur of the moment thoughts. I know, ill tear the rear wiper off. So i did. Naterally i now have a hole temporally covered with red electrical tape :D which obviosly needs filling, my question is, what have you guys filled yours with?

i bought a pack of 10 grommets from maplins for mine a bit of play in it but put a bit of mastic in and its fine.

be better welded and filled.a grommet is a ok fix

the grommets were about £2.50 for 10

they have a couple of sizes its the smaller of the 2