The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Did some work on the supe today

pistonbroke

Decided to check my subframe bolts today as I've no record of having them done, I spoke to the guy who works on my car and he's never touched them, so jacked the car up,

here are the bolts in question that need to be tightened to 125Nm's (ITS THE 2 BOLTS FACING DOWS TOWARDS THE CAMERA, THERE ARE 4 BOLTS IN TOTAL, TWO EITHER SIDE OF THE CAR, YOU'LL NEED A DEEP 17MM SOCKET TO TIGHTEN THEM ;))

As you can see from the condition of the car, its been very well maintained, its certainly not a dog. So I recommend you get out and check yours out before your engine falls out.

I then decided to polish my headlights and they came out pretty good, got rid of most the yellowish, the rest of which is on the inside of the lense.

Then, I fitted my chrome rad pipe with my new mikalor clamps after the original clamps let it leak, but the bugger still leaked, I think the blue parts of the hose are just crap and dont fit properly, so I'll be getting some samco stuff in the near future.

Damn it, I was looking at Ianc's old post with the torque settings, which are unclear and relate to upper arm torque settings to the subframe, not the subframe itself, it would appear you are quite correct Matt. Thx. I have changed the settings on the front first page so as not to let people go out and shear off bolts. I'll do tyhe 4 19's today as well, don't know how i missed them.