The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Tyres are down to the wire

Adam

It's funny - whenever somebody appears in New Members asking about the cost of running a Supra, MPG etc. they are basically told - if you are worried about that, you can't really afford one.

If you only replace your tyres when they are that worn then either you can't afford to run a Supra or you are entirely irresponsible.

I'm sure it all seems hilarious. If you have to brake hard on a wet road let's see if it's half as funny then.

As you can see its on the inside of the tyre. When was the last time you check the inside of yours. you tend not to ,you just check the tread. I agree with you the tread is getting low and its nothing to do with cant afford the tyres at all. Sorry for having a bit of fun in my car :tongue:

There is a reason why your gettin stick mate. What if it was wet, and you were going that bit too fast, and your daughter/sister/mother was crossing the road.

It really isn't that hard to get on your hands and knees to check the tread.

Let it be a lesson, and keep your eyes out. Christ i'd hate to see how bad your brake pads are worn if you use the "i couldn't see it" rule.

Some things are just better left un-posted!

To be fair, there is worn tyres and then there is that!!!

My tyres on my people carrier were FINISHED, and they had a little smooth bit on the inner lip..

I don't think you fully realize what happens when the cores come out, the tyre is VERY likely to bubble and explode....

As you can see its on the inside of the tyre. When was the last time you check the inside of yours. you tend not to ,you just check the tread. I agree with you the tread is getting low and its nothing to do with cant afford the tyres at all. Sorry for having a bit of fun in my car :tongue:

Do worry mate I was helping to MOT a policemans car and his tyres looked the same as yours...... :D

yeah the insides of my front tyres were illegal i discovered when i took them off last month, they can look fine though at a quick glance.

Quickly got them changed to some decent dunlops and my god the stopping power! i was finding myself stopping way too early for traffic lights and junctions, that weekend.

Im not driving it till they are sorted and i do agree about stopping but the tyres looked worn but still had tread on them if you just look at them through the wheel arch. Never thought they would get that worn on the inside. But the new ones will be on it on monday and back to road legal again.

Im not driving it till they are sorted and i do agree about stopping but the tyres looked worn but still had tread on them if you just look at them through the wheel arch. Never thought they would get that worn on the inside. But the new ones will be on it on monday and back to road legal again.

It might be an idea to check your tracking - camber and toe in/out settings - if the shoulders so badly rubbed in comparison to the centre tread?

just an idea ;)