The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Which is the loudest BOV and the best?

Guest joyrider

Guest joyrider

For a Uk spec which is the lodest BOV you can get?

And the best?

I'm getting rid of the stock item and would like some advice.

Thanks boys

I have a HKS SSQV and love the noise it makes. Not loud, but loud enough to hear with a noisy exhaust!

Pig, can't remember for sure but wasn't there airflow issues on UK specs and BOV's dumping to atmosphere?

Something to do with stalling etc?

The HKS SSQV sounded like a mouse fart on my TT, the 'nicest' sound (if you can call it that) I've heard is from the old style Blitz. It gave that satisfying 'bus door opening' sound :D

Personally I wouldn't bother with one if going back to a TT, it was one of those things where the novelty wore off quick and became rather annoying on most drives.

Pig, can't remember for sure but wasn't there airflow issues on UK specs and BOV's dumping to atmosphere?

Something to do with stalling etc?

I have a Greddy Type RS BOV on mine and have had no issues what so ever with it, not the loudest sound, more subtle but still very nice.

Thanks Tom the link for the exhausts and bov's is excellent

Just be aware that some of those cars are single turbo conversions which make a massive difference to the BOV sound.

Get yourself along to a meet and ask for a few test drives, the guys from here will be happy to oblige

Mine is a manual uk spec tt.

Any issues with those?

So the loudest is the Blitz one?

Turbosmart do one which is very loud, if loudness is your main concern, mount it on an intercooler pipe and vent it out through one of your bumper openings, but as others have said, its only as loud as the amount of excess boost your venting

Thats right, on auto's. I never experienced a problem, but didnt put one on till i was single!

Ahh, thats the one.... I sit corrected !

Just be aware that some of those cars are single turbo conversions which make a massive difference to the BOV sound.

Get yourself along to a meet and ask for a few test drives, the guys from here will be happy to oblige

:yeahthat:

Blitz sounds more aggresive than a HKS on a TT.

Try and bolt this on, you can adjust the sound via 3 buttons :D :

[qimg]http://www.pauleffmanmusic.com/Instrument/Trumpet.gif[/qimg]

... class Ro, thats made a crappy day go better :rlol: