Dave

just been looking at this kit http://www.boostwerx.com/

the base kit ,ive just a couple of questions

1.would the std n/a ecu be ok

2.would you need a fmic or will it work without one

3.would i need a new manfold

4.would my std fuel pump cope

5.would i need any other electronic wizardy fcd,turbo timer.etc etc

6.with this kit fitted and running on low boost i would be expecting around 300 bhp is this right

7.i presume with this low boost kit your std head gasket would not need to be replaced

8. i would need the oil feed pipe as well

and once fitted can it be upgraded as funds allow .

is this kit available in the uk ?? cause the dollar/pound exchange rate is good at the mo.but the postage is a lot

thanks for your comments guys.

thanks datson as i dont know much about turbos i was just asking for some info and comments which i got along with some sarcasm and a picture of an electric blow off valve sorry mate didnt get that :search:

all i want is a basic turbo kit for my n/a that can be upgraded when funds allow will check out the links thanks

BTW daston how you enjoying the twins its a nice looking car m8 and the best colour

just been looking at this kit http://www.boostwerx.com/

the base kit ,ive just a couple of questions

1.would the std n/a ecu be ok

Yes you can keep the stock ecu

2.would you need a fmic or will it work without one

Yes you can, but only 1 a 2 psi, not worth it, so go for a FMIC.

3.would i need a new manfold

Yes, you can;t keep the stock manifold.

4.would my std fuel pump cope

I wouldn;t advise to use a stock pump, go for a proper one. they only cost max 100pounds.

5.would i need any other electronic wizardy fcd,turbo timer.etc etc

Yes you need other gizmo's, like a fuelcomputer, widebandmeter, boostmeter. It depends on budget and desired goals.

6.with this kit fitted and running on low boost i would be expecting around 300 bhp is this right

Low boost ~7psi will give you aprox 300bhp

7.i presume with this low boost kit your std head gasket would not need to be replaced

You don;t need to replace the stock headgasket.

8. i would need the oil feed pipe as well

Yes you need the oil kit (oil feed, oil return)

and once fitted can it be upgraded as funds allow .

is this kit available in the uk ?? cause the dollar/pound exchange rate is good at the mo.but the postage is a lot

thanks for your comments guys.

The DaveH kit is only available via american webstores like boostwerx.com and http://www.mvpmotorsports.com

Keep in mind that all is depending on budget and desired goals, take your time and try to find out as much as you can before you buy something.

Here;s a link to get an idea what is involved to setup a basic kit.

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=265691

Feel free to ask more :)

Guest Geneb
thanks datson as i dont know much about turbos i was just asking for some info and comments which i got along with some sarcasm and a picture of an electric blow off valve sorry mate didnt get that :search:

all i want is a basic turbo kit for my n/a that can be upgraded when funds allow will check out the links thanks

BTW daston how you enjoying the twins its a nice looking car m8 and the best colour

let me know how you get on bud as i've had a quote for £4.5k from Turbofit but that was for a proper job but the upto 4 weeks without a motor put me off

Guest Terry S

As Rob Said Dave, BL do a very nice NA-T kit. PM me for prices. Bromy has had one on his car for ages now if you want to contact him to see what he thinks.

Think i'll keep my eye on this thread , And to the people thats done a NA-T conversion already - if your wanting to do it yourself what kind of budget can it be done on ??

did mine myself ,i fitted the xs power kit ,your looking at around £2500-£3000 budget but thats for everything for a good install

check out my garrage theres a list there

As Rob Said Dave, BL do a very nice NA-T kit. PM me for prices. Bromy has had one on his car for ages now if you want to contact him to see what he thinks.

Top quality kit, and as Terry says been on my car for coming up to two years without one problem.