The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Jap Wales 2/4/07

downimpact

• 2 weeks later...

Great meet and a bit of luck to end it all. After thrashing it on the motorway I came into a load of traffic in Malpas. It eased off but about 600 yds from the roundabout on the dual carriageway there is a car in the outer lane doing a steady 40 MPH which is the speed limit. I dropped a cog a seriously flew past on the inside whacking it back out and skinning round the roundabout at pace. A car comes hurtling behind me so I back off thinking I'm not going to bite in case it's a cop. Nothing on the road then for about 4 miles and he stays behind me. On the roundabout I skin round the quickly but never pushed it on once on the straight. Her stays behind me only losing a few yards. Just before Pontypool the blue lights flash and he asks me to get in the back of his vehicle.

Usual check on drinking and luckily I had only 1 pint of Bow which registered as Zero on the breathalyser. He then asked me the speed limit on the Malpas road and I said 40 mph so he said 'if I was doing that what were you doing undertaking me'.

I told him I was bursting for a Piss and needed to get home quick! He said that he hadn't pulled me in earlier because of the traffic (yeah right.. we went down 2 miles of empty dual carriageway) and also said I was lucky this time as I hadn't speeded after this so he only warned me. He reminded me that despite me speeding in a short burst it was a myth if I thought that he needed to follow me for any distance before i got a ticket.

anyhow it pays to be an old fart occasionally coz if I had been a lot youger I'm sure he would have had me. Checked the licence and insurance but didn't look at the car at all.

So that's £60 saved.. wonder what bling I can buy for that!!!

Lucky bugger, Gutted i couldnt make it :( Any pics anyone? How was the food?

Couldn't take any pictures of the food sorry. Jon and Mike ate it all before I could reach for the camera!

Sorry didn't catch up with you Gar but make sure you are there for Santapod on the 21st.

I also forgot to mention I am having a 50th Birthday party on the 14th April. Should be a hundred souls partying down in the Abergavenny Labour club so would love you guys to pop in with your Supes!

If any of you are interested let me know and I'll send the details. (Gareth, Julie would love to see you and your missus there and you can bring the kid to keep Jasmine company).

Great meet and a bit of luck to end it all. After thrashing it on the motorway I came into a load of traffic in Malpas. It eased off but about 600 yds from the roundabout on the dual carriageway there is a car in the outer lane doing a steady 40 MPH which is the speed limit. I dropped a cog a seriously flew past on the inside whacking it back out and skinning round the roundabout at pace. A car comes hurtling behind me so I back off thinking I'm not going to bite in case it's a cop. Nothing on the road then for about 4 miles and he stays behind me. On the roundabout I skin round the quickly but never pushed it on once on the straight. Her stays behind me only losing a few yards. Just before Pontypool the blue lights flash and he asks me to get in the back of his vehicle.

Usual check on drinking and luckily I had only 1 pint of Bow which registered as Zero on the breathalyser. He then asked me the speed limit on the Malpas road and I said 40 mph so he said 'if I was doing that what were you doing undertaking me'.

I told him I was bursting for a Piss and needed to get home quick! He said that he hadn't pulled me in earlier because of the traffic (yeah right.. we went down 2 miles of empty dual carriageway) and also said I was lucky this time as I hadn't speeded after this so he only warned me. He reminded me that despite me speeding in a short burst it was a myth if I thought that he needed to follow me for any distance before i got a ticket.

anyhow it pays to be an old fart occasionally coz if I had been a lot youger I'm sure he would have had me. Checked the licence and insurance but didn't look at the car at all.

So that's £60 saved.. wonder what bling I can buy for that!!!

You lucky git. Should have said you can't do over 40 as your second turbos blown ;)

Couldn't take any pictures of the food sorry. Jon and Mike ate it all before I could reach for the camera!

Sorry didn't catch up with you Gar but make sure you are there for Santapod on the 21st.

I also forgot to mention I am having a 50th Birthday party on the 14th April. Should be a hundred souls partying down in the Abergavenny Labour club so would love you guys to pop in with your Supes!

If any of you are interested let me know and I'll send the details. (Gareth, Julie would love to see you and your missus there and you can bring the kid to keep Jasmine company).

Oooooo sounds good, Iv got a wedding party either on the 14th or the 21st, if i can make it i will pop up for a quick pint matey.

Cya all soon. Gareth.

You lucky git. Should have said you can't do over 40 as your second turbos blown ;)

Stop saying it's blown!!! The difference between blown and an electrical fault is at least a Grand and that makes my missus have palpatations. :tongue:

Mike is coming to the party... You comin to? You can bring your Bro.