The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Getting gauges to stick in a pod?

Ark

How do most people go about getting a Defi gauge to stay in its pod mounting? There are no brackets to bolt it to, and I don't want to use glue...so what does everyone else do?

Cheers

My Defi's are just a friction fit in my GReddy pillar pod, they are solidly held and don't move.

So they are just jammed in? How hard did you have to shove them to get them in there? What if they are in fact a little bit loose in the hole?

Yes just force fitted, they weren't difficult to fit, they just pushed in and then twisted to line up, job done.

Use some silicone sealant on the back of the pod... it acts like glue but can be cleaned off easily if needed.

I was installing new gauges last night and wrapped some electrical tape round the pod so as it was a slight struggle to push them in. Now sit very solid.

Ah, that's where I was driving - the tape solution sounds about right, but I think I'll go with masking tape rather than electrical tape, since the glue isn't as fierce. Maybe a small blob of sealant on the back...

I was going to do the sealent but was worried about getting them back out again. With the tape you can keep adding or taking away until the fit is right and it wont damage the gauges or pods.

I've just done a couple of gauges this way too. :)