The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New car, new member.

slow_matt

Hi,

I'm just about to purchase a JDM '98 TT VVTi auto in royal sapphire blue with 106k miles

It was always my dream car when I were a nipper, so I forced my dad into buying it for himself 6 years ago. It has run perfectly for the last 80,000 miles, only needing 2 new leccy aerials and hundreds of set of tyres.

Apart from some 19" Kahn RSC split rims and a Blitz FATT it is totally standard.

It's a nice car, but there is some expense looming in the form of a cambelt change, a slight oil leak and a really good sort out of the paint as it's showing its age a bit, so I'm going to lay it up for a few months whilst I save some cash to make it an awesome car once again.

The only BIG fly in the ointment is that it's an auto and I strongly dislike autos, but it's a relaxing drive. To be fair though, I'm getting an absolute bargain.

I would put some pictures up but I've not given him the cash yet so that wouldn't be fair! (have now put pictures, still not paid him yet)

Finally, who do most youngsters use to insure there cars. I'm wanting to modify the car, but not have rubbish cover.

Cheers

Matt

:)

P5201660.JPG

IMG_4902.JPG

Just found out that the car has uk brakes, which is strange as the car was imported new back in '98 and was owned by the supplying toyota dealer and one of the MDs, then my Dad.

I beleive they were standard out of the factory on your car. The later model ones came with many upgrades.

BTW, if you have the buttons on the wheel, its a tiptronic, not auto (worth quite a ££££ to the value). Yeah, we all know auto/tip are the same box, but the tip's command a much greater premium.

I don't think the UK spec brakes were standard 'cos my 98 Tipto didn't have them.

Personally I don't rate the Tiptronic mode much. It's too slow to change gears and not very smooth on downchanges. Love the VVTi engine though :)

I don't think the UK spec brakes were standard 'cos my 98 Tipto didn't have them.

Personally I don't rate the Tiptronic mode much. It's too slow to change gears and not very smooth on downchanges. Love the VVTi engine though :)

Whats the difference between the vvti and pre vvti? In driving terms not tech? Have never driven one but vvti is still going strong in the current toyota's so must be good!