The mkiv Supra Owners Club

HID kit from www.visionbulbs.com 4300k vs 6000k

SupraPL

I bought mine on the group buy and I've had no problems so far.

The higher the kelvin rating the more bluer they get. I got the 6000k set, which is similar to the lights on certain german saloon/sports cars.

The 4300k kit is the nearest you'll get to a whiter and therefore brightest light.

There is no comparison to a HID kit and the standard or even uprated bulbs.

Sorry no pics.

I bought mine on the group buy and I've had no problems so far.

The higher the kelvin rating the more bluer they get. I got the 6000k set, which is similar to the lights on certain german saloon/sports cars.

The 4300k kit is the nearest you'll get to a whiter and therefore brightest light.

There is no comparison to a HID kit and the standard or even uprated bulbs.

Sorry no pics.

I'm thinking about 6000k but i'm not sure, maybe 4300k is better? £95 is a bargain! Come on guys, photos please ;)

Regards

Tomasz

PS: Is 9005 bulb for J-spec dipped beam correct?

I went for 4300 as I want as much light on the road as possible!

Now I can see so much better compared to the old PIAA purple bulbs ;)

6000K won't be quite as bright, but will still be very good.

It is look like i will buy 6000k. I have to be sure: Is 9005 bulb for J-spec dipped beam correct?

Regards

Tomasz

It is look like i will buy 6000k. I have to be sure: Is 9005 bulb for J-spec dipped beam correct?

Regards

Tomasz

Yes, that's correct. It should fit without cutting any bits off, mine did. I just unscrewed the three screws that go into the bulb holder a couple of turns and inserted the bulb, then tightened them.

Yes, that's correct. It should fit without cutting any bits off, mine did. I just unscrewed the three screws that go into the bulb holder a couple of turns and inserted the bulb, then tightened them.

Thanks mate. I bought 6000k 9005 a few minutes ago for £96,7 - i think that is a good deal. I hope that quality is good as well.

Regards

Tomasz

Now that you have ordered your set, I thought I should post my question up here as it was unanswered in the group buy thread, probably because it was 40 pages odd :) .

A bit late, I know, just wanted to double check after reading through the posts, if I am ordering the correct fitment.

I have UK Spec Glass headlights on my J-Spec TT, so I assume I will need the following:

UK Dipped = 9006/HB4

UK Main = 9005/HB3

UK Fog = H3

Correct ?

Also are all the different colour variants (4300k, 6000k, 8000k..) legal ?

Thanks

:)

Now that you have ordered your set, I thought I should post my question up here as it was unanswered in the group buy thread, probably because it was 40 pages odd :) .

A bit late, I know, just wanted to double check after reading through the posts, if I am ordering the correct fitment.

I have UK Spec Glass headlights on my J-Spec TT, so I assume I will need the following:

UK Dipped = 9006/HB4

UK Main = 9005/HB3

UK Fog = H3

Correct ?

Also are all the different colour variants (4300k, 6000k, 8000k..) legal ?

Thanks

:)

The Search button is your friend http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=59734

Yes they are legal

I hope that quality is good as well.

Regards

Tomasz

Morning guys.

As you know i bought visionbulbs 6000k kit.

The kit arrived at my home after six days! (from Shanghai, China) Month ago i was waiting 13 days for USB TV Tuner which i bought on ebay!!! (from Aberdeen, 112 miles from my place) :blink:

The kit really looks like something very cheap and poor quality! :( I nearly put it in the bin... but my fiance said to me: “Maybe you should try to instal ... bla bla bla...”, so i did it. It took me 2,5 hours including bulbs preparation (i had to trim 2 small tabs on the part that fits on the harness connector) and lunch. :lalala:

And do you know what? Oh God! The quality is AMAZING. Very bright and distinctive light and the colour... buy it and you will love it! It looks better than the xenon lights on current BMW M5! Much better IMO. :ok:

Last night i was driving down a dark, unlit road, and ... i could see where i was going!!! Being able to actually see oncoming obstacles scares me a little, so i ended up turning my lights off. That made me feel safe! ;) Seriously though buy some, they're bloody good. I could not believe the difference over the stock bulbs! Even my Philips Blue Vision fog and sidelights bulbs look very, very yellow and ugly now in comparison with the HID. The kit cost only £96,7 (at a discount). Wakey-wakey: for that price is a BARGAIN! :thumbs:

Sorry no pics, too bright to photograph. (i have only digital camcorder)

Regards

Tomasz

The kit really looks like something very cheap and poor quality! :( I nearly put it in the bin

Thats the thing, Good HID can cost 3x as much but you can go through 3 sets and still be saving. As long as it works no one is going to see if they are cheap HID lights so why pay 3x unless the cheap version has known problems.

You will also find that there is no point to main beams, unless it is a really dark bendy 60 road.

You will also find that there is no point to main beams, unless it is a really dark bendy 60 road.

I disagree - I have converted all three lights to HIDs, and when you are able to switch the main beam on, it's like daytime. OK so they are shit for flashing people, but that's not actually what main beam is for.

Morning guys.

As you know i bought visionbulbs 6000k kit.

The kit arrived at my home after six days! (from Shanghai, China) Month ago i was waiting 13 days for USB TV Tuner which i bought on ebay!!! (from Aberdeen, 112 miles from my place) :blink:

The kit really looks like something very cheap and poor quality! :( I nearly put it in the bin... but my fiance said to me: “Maybe you should try to instal ... bla bla bla...”, so i did it. It took me 2,5 hours including bulbs preparation (i had to trim 2 small tabs on the part that fits on the harness connector) and lunch. :lalala:

And do you know what? Oh God! The quality is AMAZING. Very bright and distinctive light and the colour... buy it and you will love it! It looks better than the xenon lights on current BMW M5! Much better IMO. :ok:

Last night i was driving down a dark, unlit road, and ... i could see where i was going!!! Being able to actually see oncoming obstacles scares me a little, so i ended up turning my lights off. That made me feel safe! ;) Seriously though buy some, they're bloody good. I could not believe the difference over the stock bulbs! Even my Philips Blue Vision fog and sidelights bulbs look very, very yellow and ugly now in comparison with the HID. The kit cost only £96,7 (at a discount). Wakey-wakey: for that price is a BARGAIN! :thumbs:

Sorry no pics, too bright to photograph. (i have only digital camcorder)

Regards

Tomasz

Glad you got it sorted in the end and i'd just like to say that you're 'broken english' is rapidly becoming better than most others on here :)