The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Clean white

Daston

God I wish I stayed with a black car now! Whats the best way of getting black marks off of white paint I seem to put more dirt on the car washing it than taking it off! Also I have some nice finger marks on the bonet from closing it after doing engine work (doh) any ideas on how to remove it I have tried everything......

have you tried the "tar remover" stuff?

Other than that all i can say is give it a good clean/t-cut/polish and then put silly amout of layers of wax on it... so the dirt doesn't get down into the pain.. i try and give it a good was with loads of wax a few times a year, normally means just a easy wash every couple of weeks keeps it nice.. and in the summer you can just wipe the dust off!

yes sorry mate, a lot of looking to see where you missed.. pain in the arse but it makes keeping it clean sooooo much easier! as i said i do this a 2/3 times a year.. but makes keeping it clean the rest of the time really easy, most of the time just need to wipe it!!!!..

Ps try a couple of different waxes.. some are easier to see than others.. (i use maguires liquid tec wax, but i know other swear by other types.. when i use up the one i've got i'll search and see what is recomended by other!)

I use a cloth..

but did get a buffer for xmas, haven't used it yet..

Sure i have heard of people using a cloth for the main part then giving it a once over with the buffer at the end..

Ps white is a forgiving colour in the summmer.. in the winter it can be a bit of a pain as all the puddles and even the rain seem to have dark/black bits of mud and rubbish in them.. as in most colours the dirt really only show up if your close..

Guest Phillw454

just a good polish gets the marks off matey. If its on the skirt then you might wana use a slightly rough cloth or a finger nail. I try to do mine once a week to keep it shiney:)

Oh dear god please dont tell me that White cars are harder to keep clean then black. I bloody hated my black car where it showed up every mark you can think of.

How do you take the wax of I.E do you use a cloth or a buffer?

yeah very true, black cars are worse for looking dirty believe it or not daston

I love white cars they look great. But after owning one vowed never to have one again. I then bought another and wished I hadn't. Now have a silver Supe and that doesn't show the dirt as much. Those who know me and my car are aware how often I clean it :D

Use a clay bar for removing the tar spots, bird crap etc... Then (if you use Zymol) HD-Cleanse and wax. I've not used Meguiars, but I believe that's good as well.

Zymol has to be the easiest wax to apply and remove and it'll look stunning afterwards - it doesn't leave any dust either, unlike Autoglym!

Like IDO said, do that 2, maybe three times a year and it'll be real easy to clean...

Having a white car gives you the added incentive to keep it clean!!;) But when they are clean, they look terrific. Especially the Supe!:cool:

H.

I agree :thumbs:

I had a black Golf before my Supe and that was a lot easier to keep clean compared to the Supe - As soon as it rains or I go thru a small puddle I end up with dirt flicked all up the sides!!

Sometime there are slight shaddows or stains on the paintwork after cleaning (dirty water marks & grubby fingers etc) that will not be budged, I use a little bit of T-Cut and it gets the mark off straight away.

I'll be getting mine mopped soon to bring out the shine - does anyone know how much I should expect to pay and how long it will take?

I love white cars they look great. But after owning one vowed never to have one again. I then bought another and wished I hadn't. Now have a silver Supe and that doesn't show the dirt as much. Those who know me and my car are aware how often I clean it :D

I always thought it was white with silver dirt on it :D