The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I love the single life!

GeordieSteve

Oh I wasn't going to post this but bu66er (sorry Mawby!) it I will!

I've owned my Supra for 3 years now and it'd been off the road for 2-2.5 years! It's been a project... silly to some but just a challenge and fun to me. It's now running a single, something I said I wouldn't do but I'm so bloody glad I did! The difference is incredible. I ignored the people telling me to go single and not hybrids but it's tail between the legs time... you were right! The car SCARES me now... it span the wheels up to 90 leptons the other day and only stopped because I sh1t (sorry Mawby) myself and let off the loud pedal. I'm on an auto with no hi-stall and lag aint a problem at all. It makes boost around 2300rpm and pulls HARD 3-4krpm.

Anyway the point of the post... all you people thinking about upgrades and hybrids... go single. Forget all the people who complain about lag, it's worth every single rpm of lag! ;)

Cheers guys :) It's been a rough ride and if I posted the total figure I've spent on this car I'll be shot down because it's an insane amount just on trying different things. Happy to eventually make this post :)

Currently running a GT4088 turbo which in my eyes is a great turbo. Running 2 walbro pumps to duel feed Titan rail and 875cc injectors. ECU is a MAP2 which is a bargain for the price and a reall nice bit of kit

2-2.5 years of build ? its about time you put some pics up in ya garage mate so we can all oggle ya hard work .

In that time it's seen 8 turbos, 5 ECU's, 5 bodykits, 24 injectors etc. Silly eh? ;)

Looks terrible :( Parked my R6 beside it over the winter and it's made the car a right mess :( Sorted soon tho

GT4088 was about £500 but you can get it much cheaper so I hear

Thor done my map2 but it was pulled because of an ECU problem (minor which is now sorted) but it took 2 hours to get it just about sorted

Been on the rollers and made just over 500bhp at the hubs at 1.4bar but was pulled for the ECU problem and a faulty wastegate which kept jumping to 2bar (EEK). Wastegate was replaced straight away lol

How much are the 4088 compared to the dbb version? If the repair quote for my PHR1 is too much I might get a 4088 instead.

The 4088 can be had for peanuts, I think Jamie was quoting ~£400 for one. The R version (dbb) was massively more at ~£1200

The PHR stage 1 is in between the two (price wise) last time I looked. It certainly seemed to work well on Wez's car.

The 4088 can be had for peanuts, I think Jamie was quoting ~£400 for one. The R version (dbb) was massively more at ~£1200
Holy crap! For £400 it's not worth having my PHR1 refurbed! Where can I get one for that kinda money?

The PHR stage 1 is in between the two (price wise) last time I looked. It certainly seemed to work well on Wez's car.
Sorry, do you mean Wez has a 4088 or a PHR1(GT60)?

Sorry, do you mean Wez has a 4088 or a PHR1(GT60)?

Wez has a PHR1 and christ is it quick! PM Jamie for the source of the GT4088, I'm sure I've seen at least one add for them at bugger all price.

Only downside is you'd need another remap for the 4088 to work...

Wez has a PHR1 and christ is it quick! PM Jamie for the source of the GT4088, I'm sure I've seen at least one add for them at bugger all price.

Only downside is you'd need another remap for the 4088 to work...

I love the torque you get with the PHR1 but a little more top end would be nice too.

Dan Turner said if I wanted a bigger turbo it would just be a couple of hours @£35 per hour, seeing as he's already already mapped it for a single.