The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Questions for tt supra hunting!!

and1c

ok guys.

I am seriously looking at purchasing a Supe TT :D

My budget has increased from when I last almost bought a car as I wanted desperately to hold out for a manual.

My questions are:

What would the enthusiasts out there say is a good ceiling mileage to bear in mind when looking for cars??

As in.....do Supras handle high mileage well?? I saw a manual TT UK car with 160,000 miles for significantly cheaper than any others I have seen and although I would not personally buy a car with that high miles it got me thinking!!

My main criteria is a mint car as a good project base that I can bring up to show standard with some cash and time.

My second question is: What is a fair price for a late (95 or 96) Supra TT MANUAL with sub 75k ~ (uk car) and lower if its an import?

I have seen them ranging from 10k to 14k (14k was single turbo also and looks very nice)

My initial budget could go up to £15k tops as I want to put some aside for some significant mods.

Its not exactly in Parkers price guide so I would really appreciate an insight into how much these cars should be priced if possible ? :) cheers

Mate, you'll pick up a great Manual, probably Facelift Style too for around £12k. I'd seriously speak to Jurgen Imports pal - a car trader on here. He imports them, they are all showroom condition, very well priced and he's a trusted member of the forum. :)

With that budget you could even look at a small single, or at the very least, full BPU power.

Check out the for sale section too for members cars mate. Trust me, on this forum everyone fully respects and appreciates their motors, we are Supra enthusiasts. Thus, you'll get a great deal and a well looked after car from the guys on here :)

Supras can go skyhigh for mileage. The engines are bloody strong mate. Mine is on 143,000 miles (most in KMs) and is running perfectly. There are a few members with 200,000 miles plus on here too.

For your budget though, you should be able to pick up a good manual, import, with around 50k on the clock - happily :)

Good luck - take your time and check out these buying guides ;)

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=60

Greg

Mate, I would give Paul Whiffen a bell as he has got some lovely looking Supes in stock within the UK at the moment - and there is non of this waiting for months business until your Supra arrives either!!

Very good point Andy. Shame yours isn't up for sale otherwise I would of offered you a cheeky £5k for it :p

Welcome mate. That's quite a budget! You should easily get a mint TT for that! As for a manual UK with sub 75k miles, I think you'll be very lucky to find one. Good luck with the search and as the other guys have said, the traders on here have fantastic reputations for supplying very good cars.

Guest Nicholas

My advice would be to make sure you have a couple of grand set a side in case things go wrong.

I paid good money for my car and things still needed doing as with any 10/11 year old car so just make sure you have a bit set a side.