The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Suspension query

Guest DanJ

Hi everyone,

I must to change dumpers in my Supra TT, and I wish change springs as well. I have just received e-mail from my local dealer, and they offer me genuine Toyota springs and dumpers for 1000 euro. I don't know if it's good price, but I think I can get some Tein or Cusco suspenson in silmilar price. I don't know what is better, I hope you can help me guys.

Thanks Dan

Hi Dan

What are the roads like there, is the suspension for general road use or track. Whats ort of ride quality are you wanting, comfortable or more performance orientated?

I'd recommend a set of Bilstein dampers and Tein S Tech springs as a good combination for fast road use. The Bilstein dampers were a performance option on the Supra and are one of the best suited dampers available.

If you are wanting height and damper adjustment, then there is a lot of choice, the Tein Super Street coilovers are a good value for money set up for the road. If you are looking for a more performance orientated set up, then there are the new HKS Hypermax III's, Tein Flex, Tein Mono Flex, JIC FLT-A2, etc.

If you need any help or prices just let me know.

cheers