The mkiv Supra Owners Club

In car camera cradle .

blitz supra

Been making things again :innocent:

I was buggered if i was going to pay £86.00 + £8.00 postage on ebay for a incar windscreen cradle to film convoys etc

So made my own and cost me nothing,

This allows the passenger to just turn on and operate the zoom

or

The driver to just turn on and film at the press of a button ,

As its for convoy filming and cruises etc only straight ahead position is required most of the time ..... but i have made an attachement which allows sideways movement,

This mount holds the cramera "rock solid" against the screen by the suction pad so no more shaky pics

Basically I used a window / tile lifter cut off one end and made a cradle out of Alloy, incredibly light in weight too and stands just 8 inches tall

Getting that Blue Peter badge as a kid has paid off again ;)

In car Cam  1.jpg

In car Cam  2.jpg

Looking good Andy :thumbs:

I made a camera mount for the Turbofit Supra for Japshow last year. Not as technical but worked. How does your one get on with the vibration of driving??

Seems fine in the Skyline but then again it is firm but doesn't rattle / thump and crash like Supras do over bumps ... must say that is one thing with the Skyline compared to my Supe and my other imports,,, A comfortable ride at last ... ha ha

Not as pretty (in some peoples opinions) as the Supra but has so many plus points over the Supra IMO Fast and practical !!

But I do really miss my Supra :cry: loved every day of ownership but the Skyline is turning out to be a cracking car after all and after getting offered £6k for a 95 NA i'd have been a fool to say no.. but it was a peach of a car that one and very quick for a NA (0-60 6 secs) Shame we never did get to see if anything had been done ECU etc.

What, you sat in a carpark and watched a film??? :p

No filmed my trip to the Fuel station and back to check it out ..

Got funny looks from other motorists who must have thought i was a copper or something (in a Skyline think not!!) ha ha

It picks up the racket of my Skyline exhaust and the whooshing / wistling and dump valve going off a treat ;)

But the car is damn loud anyway , My neighbour complained it vibrates his double glazed bedroom window at 7.30 every morning ,

I said " what you still in bed at that time !! your point is??"

Not as if i rev it or anything

Bullet cams are the future here. I got one to film our usual trip to Le Mans this year and it's brilliant. You just stick it anywhere with the suction pad and you get some brilliant angles. I did on the door looking at the front wheel, on the door looking backwards (great for burnouts), on the front bumper (great for a sense of speed). They're about a hundred quid.

Bullet cams are the future here. I got one to film our usual trip to Le Mans this year and it's brilliant. You just stick it anywhere with the suction pad and you get some brilliant angles. I did on the door looking at the front wheel, on the door looking backwards (great for burnouts), on the front bumper (great for a sense of speed). They're about a hundred quid.

Simon, do you know where you can get the mounts for the Sparco harness bar ?

I just won a MiniDV camera at work so, just need the mount now.

Any info ? Cheers.

Andy does it just sit at that degree or can it be turned round at all while mounted??

You can tilt it up and down for different windscreen angles (different cars)

But at moment fixed forward position for convoys, you get good all round vision anyway cars passing etc

Working on an attachment so you can pan it around

This cost me nothing to make and film quality in terms of vibration etc is brilliant

This is work in progress so to speak,

If you have to many add ons then it becomes not so rigid which causes shaky and vibration pics

I've got a Hague one too, very good quality.

Although if I had blitz supra's skills I would be making my own :D

Gaz.

Well thank you !!!

Metal work is my thing

Its the missus that got a O level in wood work !! ha ha, You should see some bits of furniture she's made at home , good with her hands (lucky me) ha ha

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Simon - what have you got the superclamp mounted too? Looks like some form of strut brace - is this a permanent or temporary fixture?

He has the Sparco Harness bar and you can pull them out in about 10mins. They fit onto the seatbelt fixing points.

(I have the same bar and clamp)