The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Building a custom front - Pics

SupraJames

Well got bored waiting for an nice second hand aftermarket front to come along the first time and so build a one off front (as seen below) when I posted pics up on here it was met with mixed reception, some liked it some did not. Sadly when my car went for its MOT the people took quite a dislike to it and decided they would re-design it for me, so they bumped it over the rollers a bit too fast and whack, it split all around the joins and cracked it in several places.

They offered to repair for free and well as giving me the MOT for free as well, but I thought I would repair it, now its been sitting around my garage for a while now, and I got bored so instead of just repairing it I thought I would re-deisgn it with a hacksaw.

I have always liked the look of the Do-Luck/Jun/Blitz fronts with the centre blade set back into the bumper so thought id have a go, as no offence the Do-Luck are a bit too common now, the Jun is way too expensive and the Blitz is just a bit OTT for me. Few pics of my progress so far. The blade in the centre will be CF wrapped and laquered when the bumper goes to paint, also some CF canards will be added as well.

As it was

Centre section cut out and metal bar added for strenght and to fit the centre blade section back to.

Layers of fibre glass and fibre glass paste added to fill gaps and block out rough shape.

Lots of cutting and sanding later its starting to take shape. Mouth section will be slightly smaller than it was.

Will update with pics on my progress as I continue this little project, but hopefully it will look nice and be another one off bumper. Also plan to mesh it using white mesh to contrast against the car new colour ;)

Thats what it is all about mate - doing it yourself :) otherwise you dont get the same pleasure as buying everything :)

Nice one

Cheers dude, well I have given up my "proper" job to pursue doing this kinda thing and ICE/Lighting full time so hoping it works out. Weather is nice at the mo which helps, sitting in the sun all day :)

Thats a brave step to take :)

I so want to do it - so im slowley building a range of bezels dials plates badges etc...

basically so I can sit in the sun if I want to lol

Well I got screwed over at work bigtime (very large American Bank). So thought it was time to try it. Nothing ventured nothing gained as they say.