The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Carbon Dash Kit fitted - another 'wahoo' thread.

Sheefa

Fitted this at the weekend (Sunday).

Thought it would only take a few hours, but took 6 hours with quite a bit of work needed in trimming the kit around the aftermarket dials etc fitted to the car. :rolleyes:

Girlfriend was NOT best pleased as I didn't finish til 7:45 and I was meant to cook a meal at 6:30. Oooops. :eyebrows:

Looks great and pics will follow. Not overly impressed with the pieces TBH - the fit just isn't that great in some of the less eye catching areas thankfully.

Greg

Kit of ebay guys - one recommended by TrickTT from Wooddashtrims or something.

Thanks Mr Lover :) Next up is to fit TRD Chrome Strut Brace, new steering wheel, Handbrake, Shifter, the OEM spats, a Front Lip spoiler, and Boost Gauge with Defi Link Controller ;)

Pics attached guys. :)

CIMG2244.JPG

CIMG2248.JPG

CIMG2243.JPG

CIMG2246.JPG

CIMG2247.JPG

dash1.jpg

Pics don't really do it justices tbh. It's about 3-4mm thick and proper carbon fibre, not the cheap tacko lookalikes. I know this as it was a right bitch to cut through and the threads of carbon are damn strong! :)

Well worth the money.

Nokia Bluetooth? That's what mine is mate.

Right cheers, don't know what mine is. I do have what looks like some sort of alarm above the rear view mirror though. Maybe it's something to do with arming that. I also have what looks like a small ultrasonic bar on top of the steering column.

Probably best trying to get a good photo of the button, then trying to get it translated.

Thanks for the comments guys :)

John - be careful of the heat matey. I used the hairdryer on the cool/warm setting after burning part of the carbon, really minor and not noticeable, but be aware - they turn quite easily! ;)

Apart from that, just line up all the parts first and start with the Gear-level upwards and round to the drivers window switch. That way you can see everything taking shape easily. :)

Good luck.

Greg

quite impressed as to how you managed to cut all the switches out cleanly; considering that you were pouring coolant for the intercooler.

How did you do that? any tips stiffler?

Cheeky bugger! It was the Rad expansion tank!:p

I'm actually quite handy with a stanley knife and fast-moving drill bit. :)