The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Aftermarket Alloys Vs Standard Wheels

JamesRZ

Hi

I have currently got some 18" sterns with 275/35 rear and 245/35 fronts. If you have been following my posts trying to set up a new business and am hitting finance problems so i have decided to get a bit of extra cash to sell my alloys and get some standard wheels. What is the handling like with stock wheels on i am running at BPU and have stock suspension with tein Strut braces.

Hi

I have currently got some 18" sterns with 275/35 rear and 245/35 fronts. If you have been following my posts trying to set up a new business and am hitting finance problems so i have decided to get a bit of extra cash to sell my alloys and get some standard wheels. What is the handling like with stock wheels on i am running at BPU and have stock suspension with tein Strut braces.

do you have a pic? of the stern?

I wish there were some 17s that worked as well as the stockers but looked a bit more modern.

Mine look a 'little' more modern, little being the operative word Martin and handle really well TBH. I thought about changing to some nice 18's, but don't want to compromise the handling.

Thinking of just getting mine refurbed to Polished Gunmetal, getting some new Goodyear F1 rubber and replacement centre caps.

I still think sticking with the stock wheels or near enough in dimensions is best. :)